Thread: deer hanging frame

deer hanging frame

Thinking of building a frame that could hang 4 fallow on at once that could be wheeled our lifted with loader if at the farm so can dress for the game dealer over a drain. Just wondering if anyone as bought one or made one, (quite handy with the welder so can do myself) just not sure of best design

Quote Originally Posted by shearstu View Post
    Thinking of building a frame that could hang 4 fallow on at once that could be wheeled our lifted with loader if at the farm so can dress for the game dealer over a drain. Just wondering if anyone as bought one or made one, (quite handy with the welder so can do myself) just not sure of best design
    Shoot It, don't hang it.

Have a look at Donnington Deer management ,David Stretton does a lot of mechanical handling equipment .I think his is for 1 deer but if you know your way around a stick welder a 4 deer size shouldn,t be too much trouble .He may even be able to make it cheaper than you think atb
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by shearstu View Post

First thing is you have to get your Fallow up on the frame, as you know they can be quite heavy, With an axle as you mentioned you want to tow it then that will add more height to your frame.

With 4 on a rail you will need a bit of work room around also if it is too high given it is on an axle then getting to the back end will be a struggle as you don't want to be standing on a milk crate.

Lifting it from the top with chains then it will want to swing, I make fabrication stuff quite a lot so just make sure you don't weld a monster, that part is easy as I over engineer things in nearly every build because people do just let gates smash back or nudge it with the tractor.......etc

As you know once you have cleaned them the game changes so handling/moving is different.

I get your idea and all in favour of speeding up how things are done as quite often I have the lathe on a long cut while doing something on the mill.

Out pigeon shooting over rape today so there will be plenty of time to rack ( pardon the pun ) my brains for a working idea lol

Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 13-03-2016 at 15:07. Reason: missing R
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Theres a thread running on here which I can't find now, which has a frame mounted on the front of a quad. If you can find it, you might get some ideas

Found it - carcass extraction