Mineral blocks and fallow

of all the deer species I think fallow and red take to them well glad your enjoying the fruits of your labour we had a few stations in one 500+ acre wood that the fallow loved but tried very hard not to shoot them on the station itself .
great photo
Norma

Tried mineral blocks on our roe forest and they were a complete waste of time.
Wouldn't waste your money on them for roe.

Last edited:
Looks like a good result there. What make.. scent/flavour have you found best. Gaz

Great photo.
You should email that to the company who's block it was and ask for a couple of complimentary blocks. Great pro mo pic.

Wouldn't waste your money on them!
Ive used them for years for Roe ,fallow & Muntjac with extremely good results, best place to put them is on a tall tree stump, so it soaks in & runs down all the way to the floor then all species can benefit from them be them small medium or large! when block has gone ,for a long time they will still keep visiting the sites to lick the stump & surrounding soil, well worth the money & effort to see what is on your ground ! Never shoot deer on the site !!! The survivors will start to avoid the areas that you are encouraging them to visit in the first place

Wouldn't waste your money on them for roe.
Could be possible that the minerals in the block are in good supply on the ground itself.
Same block might work well somewhere else

I've had similar results with fallow. I found starting the block with molasses first really helped and got the deer confident approaching the site.

Back