wanted Sako 75 bolt key

Blue400

Hi, does anyone have a spare 75 bolt key that they are willing to part with , I bought the rifle but the seller couldn't find the keys to the bolt:doh: i cant find a supplier to buy one from either.
atb blue.

Hi, does anyone have a spare 75 bolt key that they are willing to part with , I bought the rifle but the seller couldn't find the keys to the bolt:doh: i cant find a supplier to buy one from either.
atb blue.

Aren't they unique to each bolt?

I think the keys are unique to each bolt too. I have had three Sako 75s with the keyed bolt and still have two of them.

You will see stories of serious problems with the keyed bolt, where owners have got it well and truly stuck or the lock has locked when in use. I have not experienced this but I leave well alone and do not turn the key.

If your bolt is not locked, you may be best to leave it alone. I suspect that the importers GMK will be the only source for a key and probably expensive, if available.
Another option may be to buy a non-keyed replacement shroud.

....You will see stories of serious problems with the keyed bolt, where owners have got it well and truly stuck or the lock has locked when in use. I have not experienced this but I leave well alone and do not turn the key.

If your bolt is not locked, you may be best to leave it alone. .....

+1. When I collected my new Sako 75, the RFD said to put the key away and never use it. That's what I did. As I have said before, if I had known about the non-key replacement shrouds, I would have bought one of them.

Best regards

JCS

which part of the key are you after the actual key which goes into the bolt and if youve lost this your up s??t creek or is it the removal tool to take the key out?

If they are unique i may just have to go down the replacement route! The bolt isn't locked , its just in case i need one.
Atb blue.

I have two 75s, and I simply leave the thing alone.

I think that if the bolt isn't locked, then the key itself must be in the bolt. The thing you're after is therefore probably the key-removing tool - which, if you planning on leaving the key alone (sensible plan, IMO) you don't need.

I have two 75s, and I simply leave the thing alone.

I think that if the bolt isn't locked, then the key itself must be in the bolt. The thing you're after is therefore probably the key-removing tool - which, if you planning on leaving the key alone (sensible plan, IMO) you don't need.
On my 75s the actual key is a separate item that could not be left in the bolt. Good advice to leave well alone though.

Back