Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking or foxing in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire or Gloucestershire

Stalking or foxing in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire or Gloucestershire

Hi All,

i'm trying to find stalking closer to home, so any opportunities out there? I am DSC1 with an Open ticket, but only a few deer under my belt so up for anything, including foxes.

I'm surrounded by roe, fallow and muntjac but have no idea who has the ground and have never seen anyone out near me, although I'm sure they are there!

I'd rather spend the time and money I currently spend just getting to my current venues, locally and to the benefit of my neighbours, so let's see.

Hi
    Look up Lee Jackson on Google, Wiltshire deer stalking.

Dorset?
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Thanks, I had a look - very expensive but great reputation which is what I suppose you pay for��

Hi, I tend to go with IanF if he's available in Dorset, but would consider it. Could you let me have details please?

Quote Originally Posted by tarponhead View Post
    Thanks, I had a look - very expensive but great reputation which is what I suppose you pay for��
    Just had a look on their price list, certainly made my eyes water.

Quote Originally Posted by tarponhead View Post
    Hi All,

i'm trying to find stalking closer to home, so any opportunities out there? I am DSC1 with an Open ticket, but only a few deer under my belt so up for anything, including foxes.

I'm surrounded by roe, fallow and muntjac but have no idea who has the ground and have never seen anyone out near me, although I'm sure they are there!

I'd rather spend the time and money I currently spend just getting to my current venues, locally and to the benefit of my neighbours, so let's see.

I am in a very similar position so will be interested to see how you get on. Good luck with your search.

Andrew
    Last edited by Hants; 15-03-2016 at 15:06.
    Starbucks. It's not my cup of tea.

I don't no you but you've been a long standing member
    I might be able to give you some stalking land and a regular fox shoot FOC if you want that's Hampshire. Way as its too far for me realistically no one else shoots it as far as I'm aware

I'll message you the landowners email and I'll leave it up to you to arrange and sort out hope it helps a fellow shooter out hopefully someone will be as generous to me in the future

Mark

Likewise. I am unfortunately losing my permission in south Dorset at the end of this month as the estate is changing direction (multiple fields of solar panels etc). Shame as it's been managed well over the past 8 years by 3 of us and although not the greateast ground (covered in foot paths and walkers), has allowed the hosting of like minded people to give them their first experience of deer management. I have taken the most pleasure from being able to offer that to deserving people.

I'm now on the Dorset/Wiltshire border and would love to find another permission to manage sensibly. It took me several years to find the last one so I'm not expecting it to come easily. The little boy is growing fast so it would be great to get somewhere where he can learn the skills.

Good luck Tarpon and if Mark's generous offer doesn't work for you please bear me in mind.

Tom.
    Last edited by TASR12; 16-03-2016 at 17:12.

The little boy is growing fast so it would be great to get somewhere we he can learn the skills.
    Agree entirely, my daughter is already really keen to have a go with the air rifle in the garden whenever she can.

Mark, a very kind gesture.
    Last edited by Hants; 15-03-2016 at 23:38.
    Starbucks. It's not my cup of tea.