Thread: Potatoes

Potatoes

I've got a sack of spuds that's gone past there best, I'm tempted to put them out for the deer, has anyone used spuds before ? seems a shame to waste them,

Got a duck pond m8,on 1 of the local farms he ponds them and the Mallards love em atb
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Iv'e put out a few bags quite a few times always eaten within a week. Fallow and roe.

I use to feed several Ton's of tatties to several hundred stags each winter and they loved it. What you must remember is if you start to feed deer you will raise there metabolism and they will become dependent on it throwing down the odd sack of tatties will make no odds.

SD Regular
    If it's not too late to say "do this" then "do this". Take a spade or a trowel and dig a hole and drop a potato in each.

They might grow, they might not. Then if the Goddess Diana smiles upon you the deer will come and as they grow attempt to dig them up. Which should give longer deer activity than if you just throw the potatoes down loose.

But regardless this allows Option 2 as below

Option 2 is run a few strands of wire around your potato patch to "enclose" it and then sit back and bladder them to hell with a shot gun and the relevant legal size buckshot using the "crop damage to an occupier of enclosed land clause"....I'll get my coat as I leave.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 16-03-2016 at 12:19.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    But regardless this allows Option 2 as below

Option 2 is run a few strands of wire around your potato patch to "enclose" it and then sit back and bladder them to hell with a shot gun and the relevant legal size buckshot using the "crop damage to an occupier of enclosed land clause"....I'll get my coat as I leave.
    Yep - spilt my tea on that one...