Thread: 30mm bases and rings for Tikka M595

30mm bases and rings for Tikka M595

As above - to mount a 50mm scope so Optilock lows or equivalent. Thank you.

I have some tikka bases that you can have for 25 posted. If you pm me your details I can send you pics.

Cheers,

Rory

I've got 30mm rings and bases off my M590 75 posted
    Steve.

SD Regular
    I'd go TET (or equiv.) rail and weaver low mounts.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Thanks folks - Steve, could you advise what size and make. Eric - does the rail bolt straight on and come with the right fasteners - any links would be great. I am considering this route but want something simple for the rifle, like the owner.

Hi
    They are 30 mm optilocks with inserts, from base of scope to top of rail mount they measure 18mm.
    when I bought rifle a 50mm scope was mounted but I changed it for a 56mm with clearance being no problem.
    PM me with an E-Mail address if you want some pics.
    Cheers Steve.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oager View Post
    Thanks folks - Steve, could you advise what size and make. Eric - does the rail bolt straight on and come with the right fasteners - any links would be great. I am considering this route but want something simple for the rifle, like the owner.
    Richard - as ever you're too self deprecating...!!

Rail fits straight into the holes already pre-tapped (short blanking screws in currently I assume) in the top of the receiver - very simple - PM me if you want more info on what/where etc. I think there was something else you wanted from me too - but can't remember what.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

PMs sent - thanks indeed for the responses.
    Eric, I veer wildly between wanting to buy, point, bang and then getting all enthusiastic, comp-er-licated and baffling myself.
    I'm sure the question was about reloading: scoops v scales, or some such. I'm fairly sure you suggested scooping onto scales to check, and then making up small batches with the scoops, which is what has happened. And the house is still standing, and the rifle is still in one piece, and the bullets go where they're told (within the quivering limits of my grip). So I THINK that's what it was about, and thank you for you help with getting me there.
    Last edited by oager; 14-03-2016 at 21:51. Reason: Clarity

Well, what an excellent bunch. Lots of info, a decent result and some extremely pleasant and informative exchanges. Many thanks to all who helped.