Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aolq

Aolq

what is the gains to above

Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    what is the gains to above
    Saves getting conditions varied ie for Wildboar,Goat etc

As above. My cert simply says "the rifles shall be used for shooting deer and all other lawful quarry subject to calibre suitability" (or words to that effect) and that covers 22lr, HMR, 243 and 308. Means the onus is on me to make sure I'm legal with what I'm using and leave less restrictions on my ticket if I need or want to shoot different species.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    As above. My cert simply says "the rifles shall be used for shooting deer and all other lawful quarry subject to calibre suitability" (or words to that effect) and that covers 22lr, HMR, 243 and 308. Means the onus is on me to make sure I'm legal with what I'm using and leave less restrictions on my ticket if I need or want to shoot different species.
    Spot on! I too have AOLQ on my conditions for all my rifles!

As above. My cert simply says "the rifles shall be used for shooting deer and all other lawful quarry subject to calibre suitability" (or words to that effect)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Spot on! I too have AOLQ on my conditions for all my rifles!
    Not exactly.

What's with the 'suitability' add-on to the advised condition? Another example of an FLD tinkering with HO Guidance and altering a condition for no good reason or outcome.

I simply took it to mean don't shoot a deer with the HMR or 22lr as they weren't suitable/legal?

thanks lads clear on it now atb trev

I simply took it to mean don't shoot a deer with the HMR or 22lr as they weren't suitable/legal?

its already covered in the Legal bit of AOLQ Suitable is covered but in the 1981 CWA

that extra bit means they could prosecute you with the fire arms Act for breach of conditions if you say shoot a Boar with a 17HMR which AOLQ allows you to do which is a more serious charge Im guessing than a prosecution under the CWA1981 for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal

As FGYT says, (although the wording is Lawful not Legal, there is a difference), totally covered by the existing wording of the advised HO Guidance condition in Appendix 3 of the Guidance.

All they have done is create something that is now open to interpretation by others - and that could include those not entirely in favour of shooting anything!

But note that some forces will not grant AOLQ -despite Home Office Guidance- as they fear that it may cause confusion with the badger-cull in that area, the concern is that some FAC holders may assume they can shoot badgers if AOLQ is granted. My view is that the 'L' in AOLQ deals with that...
    Also note that the above may be the position of some Forces, but it doesn't apply to everybody in that County, as some still get granted AOLQ and others not. Therefore some FAC holders are more equal than others...

BASC, you still have some work to do!
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....