Kelso Deer Fair - April 9 th & 10th 2016 We'll be there!

Moray Outfitting

I wasn't certain posted in correct area - so Mods please feel free to move as required.

Possibly a little premature, but John is jumping up and down and occassionally I do have to humour him! We are waiting on full confirmation of some details; which I'll update here as we get them - but wanted to start laying out our plans for the MO stand this year so people have time to save up! :D

First off, we have great pleasure in sharing a larger stand with Monarch Country Products. This will provide more people at any given time and we hope to cut down waiting times and the frustration that builds when we are flat out and just cannot give everyone the attention they deserve nor that we would like to. Rob will pitch in separately regards Monarch's plans.

On our side we will have along -

1. Z Aim sling system ( and spares ) with the opportunity to try the sling for yourself.
2. A range of Dewey, Proshot etc cleaning gear and materials - Butches Bore shine, patches, brushes & jags including 17 rods, spare 17 jags etc and patches to suit.
3. We will have an extensive range of Vortex binoculars from the Diamond Back series on up to Razor and for this year a range of the really rather good ( I still cant do all that markety malarky! ;) ) Vortex Spotting Scopes. It looks as though we will have a number of these across the various ranges at some Kelso Show Special Prices - more to follow. Regardless , the range will be on display and available for you to try.
4. Further to demand from previous shows, we will go this year in RFD mode. We are supported by Sauer Arms and will have along a selection of rifles from the 101, 202 and 404 ranges; with display models and to buy on the day. If you have a specific item you are interested in, please PM and we'll see what we can do. Further to an earlier post, we have requested a stock of Sauer spares and accessories - magazines, mag plates, swivel fittings etc - seemingly a first! We are waiting on confirmation of what can be made available.
5. Talley Rings and bases - principally for the Rem 700/ Howa/ Sauer 101 series, but we will try to cover any special requests - again just PM us.
6. Secondhand Rifles & Moderators. I'll post up details as soon as possible, but we will have along aselection of secondhand rifles, scopes and moderators.
7. Lanskey Fold A Vee and 4 Rod Sharpeners and advice on sharpening
8. Minox Optics - we will have a range of Minox optics along and again some show specials.
9. DIVER DAVE'S WATER REPEL -fmentioned some time back on the forum. We'll have a good supply on hand and a small demo set up so you can judge for yourself. I had suggested a cold hose-pipe and Brian in a cage, but the line went funny....
10. As usual, friendly no obligation advice on all things DSC1 and 2

More to follow!

I look forward to seeing you there.

Last edited:
Sounds very comprehensive. Never managed to get there myself but have made plans to show up this time.

Looking forward to this fair and shopping list at the ready. In particular keen to see Vortex Viper and Minox 8x44 bins

I shall miss you this year Powerband and your tea drinking sidekick :D.

John

John - it wont be the same without you..... no cake for a start! :D

Working on getting listings through on what we'll have. We've some Vortex gear on hand - but the bulk of that and the Minox will be arriving just ahead of the show - hence keen to have lists to make sure we cover any particular requests if at all possible ( no obligation etc, just be nice to be able to have any specifics that people mention ).

C-H - its 'UP' now and it just wont taste the same....

Someone PM'd me - doh! moment I knew I'd miss stuff -

11. Possum Hollow Bore Guides - lots of #42 ( which seem to fit everything ( not really ) ), some #66's etc Sako Quad. BRNO 452 fitments etc.

There will be no cakes going in either direction, especially down your neck Andy, it will be good for the waistline :)

John

STOP PRESS - due to the banning of certain people from the fair - due mostly to old age and changes to the care in the community legislation - we anticipate having MUCH more time to spend dealing with valued customers...:p

Its not fat its POWER!

Slider - Defn have Vortex 8x42 because I'm sat looking at 2 boxes right now and more coming. Minox should be OK - but waiting on definitive list from them.

Hi All

As Andy mentioned in the opening post we will be sharing a corner plot with the Moray Team.

Some of our range focus points will be:

> The new "Ghillie" Roe Sack should be available - front pockets will now have waterproof zips and more internal storage compartments.
> New compact waist-pack Roe Sack - (will be featured in the next BDS Deer magazine).
> Rovince Anti Tick Clothing - Darren from Rovince may also be around to lend a hand.
> Keen pricing on butchery knives & lardering equipment.
> Kwik-Slip rifle slips which sold out last year.

Sounds like a great line up this year so I'm sure will be a great event :thumb:

Rob & Jess (Mrs Monarch)

Yes can confirm that we will be bringing Rovince trousers, shirts, sock's etc - Darren from Rovince may also be joining us (what he doesn't know about tick's & lymes isn't worth knowing..)

We are taking pre-show orders for Rovince so just let us know waist size/name etc and we can put them to one side. (this also applies to Roe Sacks and other lines)

Thanks

Rob

Brock and Norris will be at Kelso this year ......and gents if you want any bullets powder or reoading gear buy it while we are there becase this is going to be the last show we do .By that I do not just mean the last Kelso show I mean Game fair . expo . etc. yours respectfully Mike Norris.

Back