Thread: Electric height adjustable corner desk

Electric height adjustable corner desk

A Danish-made ConSet electric corner desk. It has three motorised legs, two of them with 30-inch (77cm) "gondola" bases, the third being a peg-leg. The legs are chunky, approx. 6" x 4".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 Desk top.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	67865

The desk is larger than it looks in these photos. The long sides are 5' (150cm) and the short sides 2' 7.5" (80cm). The finish is "Ash" melamine and incredibly hard-wearing. I have had the desk for 7 years and it has few, if any, signs of wear.
    You raise and lower it by simultaneously pressing two rocker switches in the same direction. This prevents contradictory motor actions.

Name:	4 Desk switches.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	67868

There is generous cable storage underneath. Everything else goes nicely in a series of interlocking metal trays that clip into rails on the underside.

Name:	5 Desk leg.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	67869

At full height, the desk top reaches 3' 11", so even someone over 6' like me can stand and work normally. Like I said, it's hard to depict in a photo.

Name:	3 Desk up.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	67867

Fully lowered, the top of the desk is 2' 3" (58cm) off the ground. Kneeling height, pretty much, which was why I nicknamed it "Desk Almighty". You could quite easily bring a beanbag in and semi-recline if you wanted to, and still work.

Name:	2 Desk down.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	67871

This setup was built to my spec and cost me 1,200 when I purchased it. Being made by ConSet, it is very much more sturdy than some of the off-the-peg desks you see on the Web.

I'm selling this desk to free up some space, as explained in my thread under Reloading. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it other than being too large for my present needs.

Please note, this sale is for the desk only and not the monitors , monitor stand, computer or anything else shown in the images.

Collection only. The desk dismantles into the three legs and the table top. Quite heavy and quite large, obviously.

Give me a shout if interested.

575 ONO

Last edited by JDR; 16-03-2016 at 22:18.
    JDR GUNS LTD - jdrguns.com
    RFD no: 36/2511
    Find us on Facebookand Twitter

PRICE DROP AND DRAWERS INCLUDED

I'm reducing this to 500 or near offer and also offering a very nice, matching, four-drawer pedestal to go with the desk. That's both items for 500 o.n.o.

The pedestal can be glimpsed in the corner of one or two of the above images.

I really need to clear the space, so will accept sensible offers in that general area. Collection will be down to you (we're in west Norfolk).

Any takers? It's all in extremely good nick. Not like your usual second-hand office furniture.

Jon
    Last edited by JDR; 20-04-2016 at 11:34.

I went over to have a look at this desk and it really is great quality, sadly the size meant that it wouldn't fit exactly where I had in mind for it otherwise I would have had no hesitation in buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    I went over to have a look at this desk and it really is great quality, sadly the size meant that it wouldn't fit exactly where I had in mind for it otherwise I would have had no hesitation in buying it.

Thanks Glyn, I appreciate your taking the trouble to post that. I was very nice to meet you and put a face to one of the names on SD

As it happens, the desk is no longer available - I've used the electric legs and put them under a new table top. So the massive 5' x 5' corner desk top in ash-effect melamine (very hard-wearing) is still on offer for the next few days. PM me if interested.