Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: young Buck in Velvet

young Buck in Velvet

Hi Guys,
    I was out first thing today Sat 29 May, with Scotsgun. Mark was shooting and me watching, anyway we got a good little cull buck at 4.57am . The Buck was in Summer Coat and healthy if a bit small, but he was in full velvet. I was wondering if anybody else is still seeing any Bucks still in Full Velvet.

Cheers Dalkur

Saw a couple last week in Ayrshire and Lanarkshire still in velvet. See you are in Ayrshire, where did you shoot your buck?
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Saw a couple last week in Ayrshire and Lanarkshire still in velvet. See you are in Ayrshire, where did you shoot your buck?
    Through the ribs?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Through the ribs?

TAXI - for Harry Mac!

Quote Originally Posted by dalkur View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I was out first thing today Sat 29 May, with Scotsgun. Mark was shooting and me watching, anyway we got a good little cull buck at 4.57am . The Buck was in Summer Coat and healthy if a bit small, but he was in full velvet. I was wondering if anybody else is still seeing any Bucks still in Full Velvet.

Cheers Dalkur
    I was out last night in Aberdeen shire and I saw two bucks, both young ones in valvet. I intended to stalk one of them but a bigger buck and clean of valvet came along and chases him off. An hour later I managed to stalk him.

Its raining in Aberdeen again and has rained sometime during the day all week. So much for summer

Donsider

I feel for you, here it's so dry the new trees are dieing due to the ground opening up in huge cracks and exposing the roots the rain yesterday only dampened the top.

I have seen young bucks still in velvet this week but the older bucks are fully clean
    amberdog

Just back from a wee stalk "walk round" in the borders watched a Buck for over an hour, (over the march) still in full velvet.
    Very long antlers at that!!

Moe..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Through the ribs?
    Grooooan
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Moe 243 View Post
    Just back from a wee stalk "walk round" in the borders watched a Buck for over an hour, (over the march) still in full velvet.
    Very long antlers at that!!

Moe..
    unlucky mate, how you doing so far this season, on three so far