BASC or SACS

There are actually quite a few members of BASC staff who frequent this forum in one form or another. The problem is that we cant be expected to read and police the whole of the internet.

If you want a question answered, e-mail a BASC representative, and I'm sure you will get a response.

Many thanks, Peter
Peter.marshall@basc.org.uk

Good to see you all engage. I'm a member and frankly I've got no axe to grind - have never really used the services or insurance.

What worries me is that I hear a lot of dark mutterings from friends and acquaintances about BASC's conduct on e.g. lead, legal advice etc. I've never really seen it addressed by BASC head on - they are a membership organization after all, and if there are misgivings about conduct or intent surely these should be addressed clearly and publicly for the long-term good of all? Corporate ******** answers don't really cut it for me and I doubt they are appreciated by others either. Why not do a survey of members about what is really important - i.e. not excluding some things you don't want an answer on because it might be uncomfortable - and publish the results? Nothing to hide etc...

From my point of view, if you need more resources to deliver more of what the membership wants I'd consider stopping all the glossy publications but e.g. beefing up the legal/advisory team

So why don't you and all your mates who have nothing but scathing remarks bother to talk to me???? Lets stop these dark mutterings, talk to me, give me names dates facts and I will happily look into them.

tikka_madrasa - we are adding more resources - beefed up the firearms team, beefing up local support too. Happy to address points head on, if people would email or pick up the phone. If not all I am left with is anonymous allegations....

There are plenty of unanswered questions from BASC as an organisation and I am not going to reiterate them all here. However, the truth in full detail about lead and a few other things would put many concerns to rest for many who were members and questioned then why these things happened - I dont expect a reply I have asked in many places and received nothing creditable. My last comment on BASC.
NGO do for me but what an opportunity is being missed by not combining, or even trying to?

You keep saying its your last comment t on BASC Kes...until the next BASC thread pops up and then so do you :rolleyes:.

I have tried to answer your questions as best i can in the the past, but I guess that if my answer does not meet with your point of view you simply choose to ignore it

I am still waiting for those who say that have issues to get in touch to tell me who they are and what their problem is so I can try to fix it...

come on guys David is ready to try and help. We cant even sort out things amongst ourselves, is it any wonder that shooting is taking a hammering. At this rate shooting will be a distant memory in the not to distant future

You keep saying its your last comment t on BASC Kes...until the next BASC thread pops up and then so do you :rolleyes:.

I have tried to answer your questions as best i can in the the past, but I guess that if my answer does not meet with your point of view you simply choose to ignore it

I am still waiting for those who say that have issues to get in touch to tell me who they are and what their problem is so I can try to fix it...

David, You were rude about greylag geese, maybe even dissmissive - when I was a member, You (BASC) has never explained about JS despite being asked, what about firearms certs and "we need a level playing field" only to capitulate without it saying what a good deal it was. What about the vitriol poured out over a member who suspected JS long before his work colleagues. Why not hold Andy Marsh to account ? No - you haven't answered my questions and I AM annoyed so dont even think of getting me started - I've done the research. Thats why I am no longer a member. As for "not meeting my point of view" - great line for the stupid but why do I constantly get this simple defensive stance. Oh forget it, its not worth the increased heart rate, nor is BASC. Please dont reply and I'll leave it alone. For ever - solemn promise !

So not your last word on BASC then..bless you:D

I was not intentionally rube about greylag but repeatedly told you and others that the decision on greylag was made by council

No one capitulated and we are still working on better practice by the firearms licencing teams

I am not going to comment on JS, but i will only repeat that our stance on lead shot is arguably more robust under our new Chief Exec, and indeed the update on lead in the Jan issue of our mag made the position very clear indeed

You are no longer a member ,I know, so move over and leave room for those who are prepared to accept the help I have offered

David

Kes don't want to start u off, think ur blood pressure must be near boiling just thinking about basc ;)

Ur a member of NGO now? A really good org who work hard but wot was there position on Greylag geese?

It was the exact same as basc's and every other shooting org and even GCWT never opposed adding greylag to GL, so why does only basc get stick for it? And i realise it's origninally a widfowling club

The whole JS/LAG faisco is a complete shambles and thank god for the CA who saved the situation a bit,
It is very embarassing to basc but david can hardly come on here making rash statements wearing his basc hat, i'm sure/i hope most of basc are privately fuming as no doubt he's gave the kickers plenty off ammo

When i speak to most ex basc members who love to slag basc to everyone, the majority of their arguments don't really make any sense to me. Not saying that's the case with u kes, but an awful lot just do it to be fashionable

If basc stood up to police a bit more over licensing issues would probably help the rep on here, but at same time basc still sits with them dealing with legislation so can't just be on the attack all the time unlike some small orgs who's voice is never heard unless its screaming and up for a square go.

If u showed half the effort and passion u show on here hating/kicking them u would prob get on the committe and change things, no other org u can do that. Doesnae take that many votes to get elected

Countryboy,
Thanks for your response even though you do point out NGO's stance - I will check - I didnt before because I was, like many, trying to change the view of the org I was with. Believe me, I would really like to praise all shooting organisations. I am not one to be fashionably at odds - here there is a bit of history.
I wont go on - let other make their own minds up.

Back