Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good price paid

Good price paid

Looking for and good price paid for stalking rights aound Dorset area
    I'm aware asking for the winning lottery numbers would be easier
    But please message if any one hears or knows of any please
    Regards
    Gaz

Seems no one's willing to introduce themselves or help less fortunate member on this site

probaly because no ones got any or looking for the same thing

Or probably because we are all looking for the same thing !

Blooming nightmare around here
    Makes me giggle I spoke to a guy last weekend he reckons in total he's got 30.000 acres of stalking rights but has only ever used 3 woods out of all that ground lol

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker39 View Post
    Seems no one's willing to introduce themselves or help less fortunate member on this site
    Up to this point I thought this was actually a decent request for stalking, but to follow up with that statement within the same day is a tad on the needy and slightly repetitive 'woe is me' no one is willing to help me side of things. Or did you seriously expect people to fall over themselves with offers of their ground to rent, reality check, there isnt that much out there and everyone on here wants the same things.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Not at all and I respect your comment
    Mr emc you yourself know exactly what I mean half the farms around your way are heaving with foxes and deer ore so on the 345 towards salisbury everywhere but they won't allow either to be controlled but to have farmer then moaning they have both a fox and deer problem

And my comment was more related to a previous post I posted that had 300 plus views but not a ounce of information or a single comment

Unfortunately there are some folk with so much ground they cannot possibly keep a reasonable/regular eye on but are loath to let anybody else have a look in.
    There are a lot of foxes about but they aren't all the Devil most people think they are unless you are a free range chicken farmer, of which there aren't many, or a gamekeeper with birds in pens at this time of year of which there are few as well.
    'Foxing' seems to have developed into a sport these days rather than vermin control when required.
    Young plantations, these days, don't seem to rely on T Posts to encourage Raptors to control the pests that attack young tree roots so it is now the job of Foxes to take over.
    The rabbits don't seem to be the overall problem they used to be, maybe in localised areas but not everywhere like they used to be. That is probably the result of the fox population too.
    So taking these things into account, Farmers are not so anti fox as they used to be, hence the reluctance to welcome 'vermin' shooters with open arms.

PS. As a gamekeeper you should be well placed to do plenty of Foxing and maybe find a few contacts for Deer from your Guns I would have thought !!
    Last edited by EMcC; 16-03-2016 at 21:00.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker39 View Post
    Blooming nightmare around here
    Makes me giggle I spoke to a guy last weekend he reckons in total he's got 30.000 acres of stalking rights but has only ever used 3 woods out of all that ground lol
    Sadly only too common in this country.