Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Our stalking season finished a few weeks ago and won't start again till September but today is the traditional start of the fishing season, so time to get the fly rods out...

Not much of an oirish community round my way. But I could swear a few deputies in for the evening....
    A drinking we shall go.

Not that I want to propagate stereotypes
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Happy Paddys day to all especially my fellow Irish abroad

54 years ago today I got married and still together so not much chance of me forgetting St Patricks day :-)
    Another bottle of Bushmills to see me through the week !!!

Not Irish myself but I have an "Irish Night" organised this coming Saturday for the elderly in the flats where I live.
    Everyone here is looking forward to a really good night together!

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    54 years ago today I got married and still together so not much chance of me forgetting St Patricks day :-)
    I'll be up that way in a few weeks. sorting out a bike run from the giants causeway all the way down the east coast.

and happy anniversary as well.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Happy anniversary Eddy to you and yours. Bushmills ? Try Jameson caskmates for a pleasant change. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Sika98k View Post
    Happy anniversary Eddy to you and yours. Bushmills ? Try Jameson caskmates for a pleasant change. ��
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll get my son Kevin on to it, mind you, during the meantime I've also developed a liking for Grouse too, courtesy of my daughter ;-)

I was invited to a St. Patrick day's breakfast at a smart hotel but unfortunately had to decline as I was booked to be working in Newcastle. Is this part of the tradition or just someone's slant on it?