Thread: CWD measuring

CWD measuring

Shot this beauty this morn and would like to have him measured.
    Never had anything measured before and just wondered what and how I go about it.
    I'm in surrey if that helps.

Cheers fellas
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458233890403.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	67968

s8mdevo

Looks like its got the other side intact, if so I`ll bet a shilling that's a GOLD

Congratulations, that's a belter!

Bob

Really nice buck fella well done if you need a excellent taxidermist drop me a reply.

Beauty mate, well done. As said I bet that's a good gold, I love the lighter colour on yours, stunning. I used Bill Bartlett off here to mount mine. See pic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150321_14.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	67982

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Pattern Paul View Post
    Beauty mate, well done. As said I bet that's a good gold, I love the lighter colour on yours, stunning. I used Bill Bartlett off here to mount mine. See pic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150321_14.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	67982
    Yes nice late winter coat, really light looks beautiful. How do you go about getting them measured. We measured it 101 left and 102 right so is definite gold but want it official!

Quote Originally Posted by s8mdevo View Post
    Yes nice late winter coat, really light looks beautiful. How do you go about getting them measured. We measured it 101 left and 102 right so is definite gold but want it official!
    CIC or BASC is your best bet

Hi Sam,

Looking at the photo I would say it will make gold easily. However for CIC you need to remove the whole tusk. You will be surprised at how much difference in length there can be between each tusk/tooth, sometimes a quarter of an inch.

I would recommend having it measured by CIC as they are the recognised standard across Europe. We can sort that out once the head is skinned off and the teeth extracted. There is an official measurer not far from my area in West Sussex.

Regards
    Malc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

i have just had 2 lots of tusks done by cic it cost me 62 all in got the medals and certs back in the post .you only pay after they have been checked .i got one gold one sliver mounted them both on plaque i pick up at the shooting show .if new how to load photos i would submit one to show you . going on mine yours looks an easy gold .

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Hi Sam,

Looking at the photo I would say it will make gold easily. However for CIC you need to remove the whole tusk. You will be surprised at how much difference in length there can be between each tusk/tooth, sometimes a quarter of an inch.

I would recommend having it measured by CIC as they are the recognised standard across Europe. We can sort that out once the head is skinned off and the teeth extracted. There is an official measurer not far from my area in West Sussex.

Regards
    Malc
    Great, Let me know when I can drop him around. I should have my Mouflon skin next week so can bring them both with me then.