Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: land prices - thinking of investing

land prices - thinking of investing

Thinking of buying some land with a wood on it.
    Anyone any idea of value - no chance or expectation of planning permission just like a piece to look after and maybe manage for the log burner and wildlife. I anticipate somewhere between £4k and 10K per acre. At the low end its remoteish fir woodland, higher end accessible oak/broad leaved.
    Prices are for full rights inc sporting?
    Advice/experience appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by martyn52 View Post
    Co

www.johnclegg.co.uk
    martyn
    Martyn, Thanks for the site. UK land and farms site offers woodland as does woodlands.co.uk. There are a number of sites but small woodlands are few and far between, certainly anything with shooting for CF.
    I'm thinking something about 10 cares min and fairly remote.

Hi Kes, if you are interested there is a broadleaf wood for sale near Leek it is up for £100,000, 27 acres and it does occasionally get roe and the odd red going through it, on the A523 nr Rudyard lake, can't remember the agent but there is a sign up next to it.

Scoby 270

Thanks Scoby - I'll have a look.
    Cheers

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Watch out for woodlands.co.uk
    They have a lot of restrictive covenants that you have to sign in to when you buy from them.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Watch out for woodlands.co.uk
    They have a lot of restrictive covenants that you have to sign in to when you buy from them.
    Yeah, I recall looking at their site once upon a time. It seems to me that they buy a piece of woodland and then sell it on in little parcels of a handful of acres, maybe 5 or 6 which is how I guess they make their money. So what you end up with is a patchwork of um patches, quite possibly yours being bordered by off-grid spoon whittlers or similar. As teyhan1 says, some of their covenant rules are a little bit restrictive, although they don't actually ban shooting in all it's forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Yeah, I recall looking at their site once upon a time. It seems to me that they buy a piece of woodland and then sell it on in little parcels of a handful of acres, maybe 5 or 6 which is how I guess they make their money. So what you end up with is a patchwork of um patches, quite possibly yours being bordered by off-grid spoon whittlers or similar. As teyhan1 says, some of their covenant rules are a little bit restrictive, although they don't actually ban shooting in all it's forms.
    This was my take on it too & decided not to explore it any further, partly due to the intolerance towards shooting but mainly the fact that I thought the land they were selling was very expensive.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Why not buy a piece of land and then plant it with trees?
    You can't be stopped from doing it and you can apply for a grant.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama