Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airport

Airport

Hi

just wanted to gauge opinion here. I am a frequent traveller (maybe 100+ trips to the US but many other countries). I used to use the self scan passport machine at heathrow but since having a FAC I always get rejected and sent to a man at a kiosk. Just wondered if a coincidence or a regular thing for other FAC holders?

Mine works ok, about 6 times a year
    TonyC

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I fly through Heathrow most weeks and mine works fine.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Last time i went to France got custom,s shedded on the way out n he said just checking if you,ve brought your guns ,????????
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Never been a problem for me , but my wife's is sporadic, never been asked about guns.

Could be the certificates showing up. Could also be that you ring bells because you are travelling alone and often. Maybe even you have the same name as someone that is "known" to them. It isn't Pablo Escobar, is it?

You can't blame them for looking for likely offenders I guess. But if you have figures that show you are being picked out more frequently than others and there's never anything wrong, I would perhaps contact them in writing pointing it out and politely suggesting their attentions are obviously unfounded. They will have a complaints procedure if that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Could be the certificates showing up. Could also be that you ring bells because you are travelling alone and often. Maybe even you have the same name as someone that is "known" to them. It isn't Pablo Escobar, is it?

You can't blame them for looking for likely offenders I guess. But if you have figures that show you are being picked out more frequently than others and there's never anything wrong, I would perhaps contact them in writing pointing it out and politely suggesting their attentions are obviously unfounded. They will have a complaints procedure if that doesn't work.
    lol, not quite but that was my thought after showing up, hence, wondered if it meant automatically couldnt use self scan.

I found actual positioning on scanner can get you bounced out to an operator.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Ive had my phone swabbed for explosives a few times. Bit of a shock the first time, a quick thought (and a scary vision of rubber gloves going on ) lead me to saying that there could be a trace due to my job as a gamekeeper, and carrying the phone in the same pocket as my ammo along with some fired cases (on the hill, not the airport) meaning that it could be possible for a couple of powder granules to be on the phone. Not sure if the x ray machine picks up something as I never see anyone else getting their phone swabbed or am I just randomly the one stopped.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    My laptop gets swabbed about once every 10 trips. It's pretty randomised from what I've seen.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!