Thread: T8 coller

T8 coller

Does anyone use there T8 without the bush, cheers

Yes, they do little more than mark the barrel.

J

The collar on my T8 doesn't touch the barrel (very small gap) when the moderator is screwed home. Suppose it initially helps align the barrel as as you put the moderator on and would protect it from being knocked out of alignment if accidentally bashed.

Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    The collar on my T8 doesn't touch the barrel (very small gap) when the moderator is screwed home. Suppose it initially helps align the barrel as as you put the moderator on and would protect it from being knocked out of alignment if accidentally bashed.

Willie

I put gaffer tape under the Delrin bush

I have couple that have no bush and a couple that have the bushes fitted but not touching the barrel. They work well. The general advise is that the bushes should be a tightish fit or not touch at all.

dont bother with bush makes no difference to accuracy at all and no marks now !

thought id share this with you this is how i did my tikka695 to protect the bluing on the barrel from a T8 bush 200mmx19mm heat shrink put plenty of oil on the barrel and in side the heat shrink then gently heat with heat gun on the lowest setting. when shrunk leave to cool. does not effect barrel harmonics at all make sure the bush does not touch in any way i give mine 10 thou over size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P230716_12.440001.JPG