Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Sako Finnlight 2506 please

Advice on Sako Finnlight 2506 please

HI Guys

i have just received my variation to give me a 2506 im thinnking of purchasing a Sako Finnlight and was wondering if anyone using this gun and caliber and if they could reccommend any rounds that have been proved as suitable and accurate or does anyone think there is a better rifle out there compared to Sako Finnlight ??

Also friend has mentioned that with the gun being pretty light i may get a little kick off it depending on which rounds are being used any info would really help

thanks for any help guys

Just as long as it's not the older model with a 20 inch barrel (from memory) 25/06 needs a longer barrel...nice rifle and I'm sure you'll find plenty of accurate factory ammo in either 100 or 117 grains that will get you started....i don't think recoil will be an issue but if it is just fit a limb saver....

i have a 2506 75. never fired any factory ammo but with home loads i love it i use 100 grain softpoints and use n160. never had an issue with recoil. hope this helps

Don't know about the Sako (had a Tikka) but a very flat shooting calibre. Use whatever ammo suits it and if you have a moderator you won't even notice the recoil.
    I shot five of the six species successfully with it and quite a few foxes (bit of an overkill,but!!!).
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

Super lightweight rifle & an excellent cartridge. Don't know about factory ammo, but the Sierra 100gn Prohunter bullet & the 110gn Nosler Accubond in particular really does the business. Great choice.
    Last edited by deeangeo; 19-03-2016 at 15:40.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Even a .243 will have perceived " Kick" if it won't mount/shoulder comfortably.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi Dax-I have returned the PM.

As to the subject, I use the older finnlight in 25 06. Although I agree it could use a longer tube, mine is lovely and smooth shooting, flat trajectory, and it has killed everything up to and including large rutting red stags. Shooting it alongside a friends 6.5 swede 140gn with my factory 120gn ammo and I just couldn't believe how much flatter it shot.

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    Don't know about factory ammo, but the Sierra 100gn Prohunter bullet & the 110gn Nosler Accubond in particular really does the business.
    Which bullet do you prefer for each species?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    Which bullet do you prefer for each species?
    100gn Sierra for everything except big red stags really, even so, I have also used them on stags too.
    The 110gn AB is good though and it is my preferred choice for everything, especially stags in the rut or otherwise.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

I have used 120gn fed fusions quite a lot. Tbh found them a little hard and can be conducive to long runners, sika have been a nightmare so I mainly use these for roe now-this is not the fault of the calibre. The most accurate factory load was the fed premium 100gn BTs, pretty expensive and have been hard to source.

Used home loaded 100gn TTSX loaded quite hot. Put everything down fast!