Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone believe I.D.S. ?

Anyone believe I.D.S. ?

As it says, a clear sheet of ice cool blue water between 'Dave' and IDS. I find it hard to believe that two grown-ups could have got themselves into this position. As for IDS giving a fig for anyone but himself - never. Anyone see downing Osborne or the EU 'out' vote as a justification ?
    I see it as a grandees plot to ensure the next leadership (Boris) as IDS wouldnt be involved - for obvious reasons.

Does anyone believe any politician??

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Certainly not twice?

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Only if their lips don't move & words don't come out of their mouths. All other times they're just talking 5h17

Hi I Believe in Nicola Sturgeon
    Jim

A scheme to sink Osbornes chances of being next PM? No, not that! Really? I'd never have believed it!
    Last edited by deeangeo; 20-03-2016 at 20:37.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

It's easy to be cynical, but IDS might well be the single most decent man in the Tory party, if not British politics.

He's actually a pretty crap politician, he was useless as Tory leader in the face of a Blair labour government. However, there can be no doubt that he is genuinely committed to changing the UK's relationship with welfarism.

There you go, I've broken one of my own rules - don't discuss politics on the web....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

You may see IDS two up with Boris soon

Yes, I think do believe IDS.
    Good article here from Janet Daly. I think she pretty much skewers what this is all about.

Moral missions make no sense to those who treat politics as a branch of PR - Telegraph

Whatever or not you agree with IDS's welfare reform programme, he is surely a conviction politician which in this post-Blair era has come to be seen as something quaintly comical.
    If we have to trust the word of those involved in this fracas, we have only their track records to go on, in which case I'm far more inclined to believe Ian Duncan Smith than George Osborne or David Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Yes, I think do believe IDS.
    Good article here from Janet Daly. I think she pretty much skewers what this is all about.

Moral missions make no sense to those who treat politics as a branch of PR - Telegraph

Whatever or not you agree with IDS's welfare reform programme, he is surely a conviction politician which in this post-Blair era has come to be seen as something quaintly comical.
    If we have to trust the word of those involved in this fracas, we have only their track records to go on, in which case I'm far more inclined to believe Ian Duncan Smith than George Osborne or David Cameron.
    +1 He shot with us twice and I found him to be a real Gent. I wouldn't believe anything the others said as they have to try and put him down.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.