Thread: 25-06 ammo for Sika

25-06 ammo for Sika

Hi
    I noticed on another tread that Federal Fusion 120gr had given problems on Sika.
    Until I get to reloading I bought same batch Federal Fusion 120gr because I was finding it hard to source, so when I came across Fusion in a good amount I decided to get them thinking it would put me on till I start reloading.

I would be interested on views and experience on Federal Fusion on Sika which would be appreciated.

The other thing its going through a Sako 75 with a 22 inch new barrel and groups really well.

Thanks

Phil
    Last edited by smithp18; 20-03-2016 at 18:47.

A lighter bullet for calibre would be better to get the speed up on it. 120grn starting to come off the boil speed wise.

Certainly 110grn in .270 works

Quote Originally Posted by smithp18 View Post
    Hi
    I noticed on another tread that Federal Fusion 120gr had given problems on Sika.
    Until I get to reloading I bought same batch Federal Fusion 120gr because I was finding it hard to source, so when I came across Fusion in a good amount I decided to get them thinking it would put me on till I start reloading.

I would be interested on views and experience on Federal Fusion on Sika which would be appreciated.

The other thing its going through a Sako 75 with a 22 inch new barrel and groups really well.

Thanks

Phil
    my my experience with this exact combination on sika was unfavourable! I got several very long runners including more than 1 that had to be tracked with dogs the morning after, and I'm glad to say shot placement was good. Before anyone points it out, I am fully aware that sika take some putting down; we are talking about heart shot beasts at close range running a few hundred yards. My opinion is after researching others experiences and based off my own findings that they are very hard and pass through almost like a FMJ. I will use my remaining stock on roe then go to home loads or to a different factory round.

100gr BT in .25-06 have worked well on sika in the past for me!