25-06 ammo for Sika

smithp18

Hi
I noticed on another tread that Federal Fusion 120gr had given problems on Sika.
Until I get to reloading I bought same batch Federal Fusion 120gr because I was finding it hard to source, so when I came across Fusion in a good amount I decided to get them thinking it would put me on till I start reloading.

I would be interested on views and experience on Federal Fusion on Sika which would be appreciated.

The other thing its going through a Sako 75 with a 22 inch new barrel and groups really well.

Thanks

Phil

Last edited:
A lighter bullet for calibre would be better to get the speed up on it. 120grn starting to come off the boil speed wise.

Certainly 110grn in .270 works

Hi
I noticed on another tread that Federal Fusion 120gr had given problems on Sika.
Until I get to reloading I bought same batch Federal Fusion 120gr because I was finding it hard to source, so when I came across Fusion in a good amount I decided to get them thinking it would put me on till I start reloading.

I would be interested on views and experience on Federal Fusion on Sika which would be appreciated.

The other thing its going through a Sako 75 with a 22 inch new barrel and groups really well.

Thanks

Phil

my my experience with this exact combination on sika was unfavourable! I got several very long runners including more than 1 that had to be tracked with dogs the morning after, and I'm glad to say shot placement was good. Before anyone points it out, I am fully aware that sika take some putting down; we are talking about heart shot beasts at close range running a few hundred yards. My opinion is after researching others experiences and based off my own findings that they are very hard and pass through almost like a FMJ. I will use my remaining stock on roe then go to home loads or to a different factory round.

Back