Thread: your help pleasae on a stealth cam

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

your help pleasae on a stealth cam

ok lads

I have no idea what these things are cost wise but we have a elderly lady on the estate that has had some bees stolen and she is looking for the best place to buy a simple to use/set up etc camera,

so best place to buy from

best one that's easy to set up and use etc.

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

SD Regular
    What some say is put up an easily visible, reachable, dummy. Make one from plastic box from Maplin's and from an old camera bit from a charity shop, in a metal or wood box, and out up notices 'Area under video surveillance'.

So it looks like an inept attempt to disguise it as a bird box.

Put the real one hidden (but NOT inside a pile of logs) and high up so it isn't reachable. Set this to film the area and approach to around the dummy camera.

And if possible, another, well hidden, covering any area where a vehicle might park up. That way they'll steal the dummy or 'avoid' it and think they haven't been recorded.

Or so some advise.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 21-03-2016 at 10:35.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    What some say is put up an easily visible, reachable, dummy. Make one from plastic box from Maplin's and from an old camera bit from a charity shop, in a metal or wood box, and out up notices 'Area under video surveillance'.

So it looks like an inept attempt to disguise it as a bird box.

Put the real one hidden (but NOT inside a pile of logs) and high up so it isn't reachable. Set this to film the area and approach to around the dummy camera.

And if possible, another, well hidden, covering any area where a vehicle might park up. That way they'll steal the dummy or 'avoid' it and think they haven't been recorded.

Or so some advise.
    thank you some good tips.

I will speak with the lady and see what we can muster.

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

I've just got a "Primos Proof" No glow for 99 from camera king, great company to deal with, top bit of kit, get a "No glow" rather than a "low glow", no lights to alert people. Follow the advice above re-placing a camera. A Primos Proof no glow from camera.king at that money is the way to go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrazor View Post
    I've just got a "Primos Proof" No glow for 99 from camera king, great company to deal with, top bit of kit, get a "No glow" rather than a "low glow", no lights to alert people. Follow the advice above re-placing a camera. A Primos Proof no glow from camera.king at that money is the way to go.

Cheers D

ill have a look

bob.

And be aware, they can be located using night vision/thermal imagery kit.
    I am very wary where i put mine up these days
    Cheers
    Richard

Come on Bob, stop mucking about. The obvious solution is a pressure plate and a small exploder charge inside the hive. Any suspicious activity and you simply rock up to A&E and photograph anyone with a red, blotchy face - just so long as anaphylaxis doesn't get them first...?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    And be aware, they can be located using night vision/thermal imagery kit.
    I am very wary where i put mine up these days
    Cheers
    Richard
    never thought of that, even a cheap NV monocular will show them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    Come on Bob, stop mucking about. The obvious solution is a pressure plate and a small exploder charge inside the hive. Any suspicious activity and you simply rock up to A&E and photograph anyone with a red, blotchy face - just so long as anaphylaxis doesn't get them first...?
    i would love that but we both know what would happen next.

bob.

I would've thought that if the camera is inaccessible then night vision infra red that is visible will be enough of a deterrent and the old lady will more than likely not have a problem with the bees being stolen again.

Blog Entries
    cheers lads,

i have managed aged to borrow 5 2 fakes and 3 fully working units,

i will ill place them out as best I can with some help from keeper mates etc,

bob