Thread: LaLa Land

LaLa Land

How did we get to the stage of possibly naming the new research vessel on build at Lairds "Boaty McBoatface" ????? FFSAKE, What about something sensible like Endurance or Beagle, or even The Rigby.?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I saw that on the news and thought "God, give me strength" - Or as Victor Meldrew would almost certainly have said "I DON'T BELIEVE IT"!
    I think all the votes/ suggestions for a name for the ship must have come from children under the age of 5 who have been brought up to believe that "Telly Tubbies" is the be all and end all of life! Come to that maybe it was quite a lot of adults with the mental age of a 5 years old and a diet of 6 cans of Special Brew and a couple of joints for breakfast each morning.
    Whatever is this world coming to?

It makes me laugh. It's fine, they can disregard the online practical joke. It does make me think that maybe we should look at calling the new aircraft carrier "HMS Delusions of Grandeur".
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

I reckon The Rigby would do it for me.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Surely as we are part of the EU and considering Mrs. Merkel's influence there it should be the Blaaaaaser!!!

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Surely as we are part of the EU and considering Mrs. Merkel's influence there it should be the Blaaaaaser!!!

David.
    I would have thought that if Angela had a favourite German sporting firearms manufacturer, it would be the one based in Suhl who make the Helix...

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I would have thought that if Angela had a favourite German sporting firearms manufacturer, it would be the one based in Suhl who make the Helix...
    In the words of George Foreman "It's so good, I put my name on it!"

Quote Originally Posted by pinguisgod View Post
    In the words of George Foreman "It's so good, I put my name on it!"
    I was speaking to a headhunter the other day who asked over the phone whether I had heard of a company called "Merkel". For a moment there I was really excited. Then it turned out to be "Merkle", based in the US, not Suhl, and in a far less interesting market, damn it...