Thread: A cunning holiday plan required

A cunning holiday plan required

Hoping some kind soul can save me a hell a lot of research.

Will need to take her indoors on a decent European holiday soon, it is unavoidable. So I am trying to assess if it feasible to incorporate a first ever overseas hunting trip. I have just got my European Firearms License (or whatever the name is) through the post.

Can anybody recommend a destination which would keep her happy but also offer a few days decent hunting for deer or boar or other species. She has no interest in hunting, normally just eating deer.

Looking to use my own rifle, 270Win. Like the idea of trying boar, but not sure if 270 Win is suitable...?

Based on a complete lack of knowledge, Croatia or Hungary? Or other.....Pyranees?

Cheers!

Hi I could sort you out a couple of days stalking reds in portugal in September during the rut and night time high seat shooting for boar at the same time or high seat for boar in any other summer month just to clarify im not an agent etc but do have a good number of Portuguese hunting friends whom I will put you in contact with pm me for details atb Brian
    Last edited by swatty; 22-03-2016 at 09:12.

Sorry i can't help, but what i have done in the past when i take the wife on holiday is, it's a holiday, mainly for the wife, no hunting involved at all.
    I keep my own hunting holiday separate, as an example, 1 week in Lanzarote equates to 2 weeks in Montana!
    But of course i don't know your situation, the above offer looks pretty good.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Sorry i can't help, but what i have done in the past when i take the wife on holiday is, it's a holiday, mainly for the wife, no hunting involved at all.
    I keep my own hunting holiday separate, as an example, 1 week in Lanzarote equates to 2 weeks in Montana!
    But of course i don't know your situation, the above offer looks pretty good.
    Cheers
    Richard
    Very cunning, 2 for 1

Well, out of the last 7 months, I have only been at home for 6 weeks....therefore booking myself a 2 week holiday without her is a bad move. A very bad move indeed......

Boar in Portugal sounds good fun! Could be a winner.