Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Every rifle club member in the UK is now on a database with terrorists | UK Shooting

Every rifle club member in the UK is now on a database with terrorists | UK Shooting

Along with the ability for the state to follow you around via your smart phone, and vehicle / s passing through the nationwide camera set ups.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I would be more surprised if we weren't on a database!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    I would be more surprised if we weren't on a database!!
    +1
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

It is against the law to keep records of gun owners in the USA. When you purchase a firearm, if there is a background check or tickets issued for something like five handguns, those must be destroyed. The only records kept are for those with a concealed handgun permit, but no record of what handguns you own, or even if you own one; and records of who owns a machinegun, submachinegun or suppressor, all of which have a serial number.

When GHW Bush took office, his Attorney General found that President Clinton and the previous AG had kept illegal records of gun owners. Bush and Ashcroft ordered all the paper records and computer records destroyed, which through the liberal Democrats into fits. He should have prosecuted the top members of the Clinton administration for breaking the law, but it seems no bureaucrats or political appointees are ever punished for malfeasance or crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    It is against the law to keep records of gun owners in the USA. When you purchase a firearm, if there is a background check or tickets issued for something like five handguns, those must be destroyed. The only records kept are for those with a concealed handgun permit, but no record of what handguns you own, or even if you own one; and records of who owns a machinegun, submachinegun or suppressor, all of which have a serial number.

When GHW Bush took office, his Attorney General found that President Clinton and the previous AG had kept illegal records of gun owners. Bush and Ashcroft ordered all the paper records and computer records destroyed, which through the liberal Democrats into fits. He should have prosecuted the top members of the Clinton administration for breaking the law, but it seems no bureaucrats or political appointees are ever punished for malfeasance or crimes.
    So Clinton while he was still in office stated under oath that he had not had sexual relations with Ms Lewinsky and was not punished when it was found to be an untruth and now the other half of him wants to get onto the gravy train???????????????????
    The world is getting to be worth leaving.

I'm afraid I'm firlmy of the belief, especially in light of today's news, that I have nothing to hide, and if my information being in their hands gets them one step closer to finding a real threat, then brilliant. Simple. good luck to them.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

In fact, I'd be amazed if the very fact we have FAC's and SGC's doesn't automatically put us on a list somewhere, I'm sure it does, it's on the police national computer after all, so the intelligence agencies already have the info anyway.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I'm afraid I'm firlmy of the belief, especially in light of today's news, that I have nothing to hide, and if my information being in their hands gets them one step closer to finding a real threat, then brilliant. Simple. good luck to them.
    No, no, no, the argument that if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear is rolled out every time questions around surveillance by the state come up and it's fundamentally flawed, because you don't have much or even any control on what it is that may need to be hidden.

You do realise that every FAC holder has a Special Branch check carried out on them and that all your phone calls are monitored don't you?