Anomaly in roe carcass

pob

Can anyone tell me what this is? Found inside a roe doe recently.
Roe Polyps close.jpg

This is post gralloch, back passage top of pic, tenderloins at the bottom.

The lymph nodes and organs all checked out. One kidney was perhaps slightly elongated. She seemed a good weight, but was barren. She had a large patch of mange (or somesuch) on her rear quarters, no tail and dried diarrhoea on her tush and legs. There was no tick load. Behaviour was completely normal and the droppings in her couch were too. She was an old girl judging by her teeth.

(I have not put this into the food chain; the dog's, mine or anyone else's.)

If you are referring to the purple kidney bean like nodes, they are perfectly normal. They are nodes which are part of the lymph system (Haemal nodes). They look perfectly normal and the carcass is fit to enter the food chain. You will normally find them around the tenderloins or around the throat.
MS

Last edited:
If you are referring to the purple kidney bean like nodes, they are perfectly normal. They are nodes which are part of the lymph system (Haemal nodes). They look perfectly normal and the carcass is fit to enter the food chain. You will normally find them around the tenderloins or around the throat.
MS

Spot on!:thumb:

Can anyone tell me what this is? Found inside a roe doe recently.
View attachment 68234

This is post gralloch, back passage top of pic, tenderloins at the bottom.

The lymph nodes and organs all checked out. One kidney was perhaps slightly elongated. She seemed a good weight, but was barren. She had a large patch of mange (or somesuch) on her rear quarters, no tail and dried diarrhoea on her tush and legs. There was no tick load. Behaviour was completely normal and the droppings in her couch were too. She was an old girl judging by her teeth.

(I have not put this into the food chain; the dog's, mine or anyone else's.)

MS

:thumb:

As usual BT & MS lead the way!, of course they were "just testing us" to see if the rest of us can identify the lymphatic system of a Deer!

Back