Thread: Ridgeline Pintail Trousers: Opinions sought

Ridgeline Pintail Trousers: Opinions sought

Hi,

Anyone here used Ridgeline Pintail trousers? Uttings are doing a good deal on them and I was going to chance my arm but I hate buying clothing off the internet having not actually seen/tried it.

I normally stalk in a pair of old Laksen lined moleskin breeks or some ancient DPM windproof trousers, both are a bit of a compromise and I am after something that will keep me relatively warm and dry but not be too hot for early summer/autumn.

Grateful for all views positive and negative plus any affordable alternatives.

Thanks,

Sheldrake

I had the pintail smock and it was frigging useless. The only coat I have owned where I would be wet through even if it wasn't rainy.

If the trousers have the same breathability then I would avoid them like the plague

If they are the same as the ridgeline trousers I have in the cupboard then they will only be suitable for stalking hinds in 6 foot of snow. I've never sweated so much in my life. Useless.
    Have a look at fjallraven.

Many thanks, both of you. I'm rather suspecting that this is why Uttings are knocking them out so cheaply. I'll have a look at Fjallraven though I suspect I'm going to persevere with what I have got!!

Quote Originally Posted by jubnut View Post
    I had the pintail smock and it was frigging useless. The only coat I have owned where I would be wet through even if it wasn't rainy.

If the trousers have the same breathability then I would avoid them like the plague
    And a big +1 from me!

Recently bought some austrian army surplus (olive green) goretex gear - 50 for the jacket and under 20 for bib and brace trousers. Best waterproofs (Harkila included) I've owned.