the first i've been able to get for myself ,
    it has munties, roe and fallow
    the lady who owns it cant get anyone to shoot it
    and the deer are sacking every thing in her garden
    she counted 8 on her lawn on thursday and 13 in the paddock
    sunday morning before i got there
    i think it could have somthing to do with the 60 acres or more of
    woodland that are just the other side of the fence

Fill your boots fella you got to start somewhere.

Really doesn't matter how big the ground is - if the deer want to be there, you are in the right place!

Happy days JayJay - enjoy.

Rgds

Ian

Well done theres nothing like having YOUR own land to stalk on,who knows it might turn into something bigeer,let us know how you get on. best wishes Chris

Does the adjoining woodland belong to the Forrestry Commission, or is it privately owned? If it's private, then a quiet word to the owner from the lady who owns "your" patch may get you permission in the woods. If it's FC, then you'll probably just have to be content with the fact that it will act as a feeder for your land.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Does the adjoining woodland belong to the Forrestry Commission, or is it privately owned? If it's private, then a quiet word to the owner from the lady who owns "your" patch may get you permission in the woods. If it's FC, then you'll probably just have to be content with the fact that it will act as a feeder for your land.
    oh the joys of having your own personal land, a stalkers dream come true....
    A real bonus its boundaries are the woods.
    the only issue you have now is how not to frighten them all away when you carry out the first kill...
    I would hope some of the experienced lads here will offer advice on how to manage this kind of area so as not to prevent others coming back...

good luck and may there be many more for you mate... like to see the photo when you put the first notch on the bedpost ha ha ha

f.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    it would seem the the woodland was looked after by English nature for a time but she dose not know who it belongs to now
    so how do i find out any ideas lads

It's very hard to find the owners of 'land' rather than 'property', other than just asking the locals. Try the pub, post office, or other long-standing community social hub. Take a map to show the people you ask which bit of land you're talking about. Also, look on the Ordnance Survey / Google Maps for properties close to the bit of land - try and find their addresses and contact the owners to see if they know whose land it is.

Best of luck!

Pippa

thanks pippa
    i,m going over there the weekend to see what shows
    so i'll start to sound out the locals