Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novice looking for stalking in Hampshire/ Wiltshire/ Kent/ Sussex

Novice looking for stalking in Hampshire/ Wiltshire/ Kent/ Sussex

Hello

I am looking for stalking opportunities in Hampshire/ Surrey/ Berkshire/ West Sussex during a couple of weekends in April and May. Still very green and looking for a guide. Ideally located near a train station or else with pick-up/ drop off.

Please PM me and we can exchange details.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Sikamalc on here has ground in West Sussex and delights in helping beginners, but you need to book well in advance. He is accessible by train too. I know because I am West London's foremost authority on fieldsports by public transport, including invisible deer extraction...
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Thanks.

I've been stalking with Malcolm and really enjoyed it - he's in high demand however (for very good reason) so need to see who else is available.

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Hello

I am looking for stalking opportunities in Hampshire/ Surrey/ Berkshire/ West Sussex during a couple of weekends in April and May. Still very green and looking for a guide. Ideally located near a train station or else with pick-up/ drop off.

Please PM me and we can exchange details.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael
    Hi Michael

I see that you are looking for a guide ideally close to a train station, you didn't say if you have or haven't got your own rifle but just a little heads up if you have something that I myself only found out the other day and that is train company's don't allow firearms on them.

Michael, drop me text or email and I will try and fit you in on the Roe Buck season. My diary is full but we can look at dates. As for later in the year on Fallow, Roe, Muntjac and CWD I have plenty of space..........at the moment!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1985 View Post
    just a little heads up if you have something that I myself only found out the other day and that is train company's don't allow firearms on them.
    Unless there's been some drastic change I'm not aware of, that's not true. But the rules are a bunch of confused nonsense that doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Unless there's been some drastic change I'm not aware of, that's not true. But the rules are a bunch of confused nonsense that doesn't really work.
    Agreed, they were certainly taking firearms last year, perhaps things have changed.
    Cheers
    Richard

I believe as long as it doesn't look like a firearm your fine

so aslong as its in a big rifle bag rather than a rifle shape slip your good to go

It's just taking reasonable precautions, same as when you take it in a car. And on public transport, that precaution is discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    It's just taking reasonable precautions, same as when you take it in a car. And on public transport, that precaution is discretion.
    Ture
    I was told its just a train policy.
    I was at a gun auction in London and got talking to a guy about it.