Wanted: Novice looking for stalking in Hampshire/ Wiltshire/ Kent/ Sussex

mjf

Hello

I am looking for stalking opportunities in Hampshire/ Surrey/ Berkshire/ West Sussex during a couple of weekends in April and May. Still very green and looking for a guide. Ideally located near a train station or else with pick-up/ drop off.

Please PM me and we can exchange details.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Sikamalc on here has ground in West Sussex and delights in helping beginners, but you need to book well in advance. He is accessible by train too. I know because I am West London's foremost authority on fieldsports by public transport, including invisible deer extraction...

Thanks.

I've been stalking with Malcolm and really enjoyed it - he's in high demand however (for very good reason) so need to see who else is available.

Hello

I am looking for stalking opportunities in Hampshire/ Surrey/ Berkshire/ West Sussex during a couple of weekends in April and May. Still very green and looking for a guide. Ideally located near a train station or else with pick-up/ drop off.

Please PM me and we can exchange details.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Hi Michael

I see that you are looking for a guide ideally close to a train station, you didn't say if you have or haven't got your own rifle but just a little heads up if you have something that I myself only found out the other day and that is train company's don't allow firearms on them.

Michael, drop me text or email and I will try and fit you in on the Roe Buck season. My diary is full but we can look at dates. As for later in the year on Fallow, Roe, Muntjac and CWD I have plenty of space..........at the moment!

just a little heads up if you have something that I myself only found out the other day and that is train company's don't allow firearms on them.

Unless there's been some drastic change I'm not aware of, that's not true. But the rules are a bunch of confused nonsense that doesn't really work.

I believe as long as it doesn't look like a firearm your fine

so aslong as its in a big rifle bag rather than a rifle shape slip your good to go

Certainly the last time I checked up on this, you were obliged to get written permission from the operator of the train service, but it was merely a formality and is perfectly allowed. I regularly used to take my shotgun on the train and never encountered any difficulties.
Attached is the relevant national rail guidance: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/content/NRCOC.pdf
The pertinent section is on page 28.

The difficulty with that is that in practice, that permission is unobtainable as no-one at the train company knows about it. So they default to refusing to avoid responsibility. But really, it's not theirs, it's yours. So leave them out of it and be discreet!

Sorry to go off topic just relaying some info that I was told.
hopefully someone on here can help Michael out with some stalking.

Back