Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Essex police telephone renewals

Essex police telephone renewals

tFI, is it me, I have been unable to see the part where you refer to telephone renewals

Proof of the pudding etc. (from Essex Police website):

If there is no concern for public safety or with regard to firearms, doubt over the fitness of the applicant and they fulfil the legislative criteria including:

• the relevant application form is fully completed honestly and accurately
    • four photographs for each application is submitted including signing one themselves, signed and dated as a current true likeness by the countersignatory or referees
    • send a cheque or postal order for the correct amount payable to Essex Police
    • in the case of firearms, both referee forms are submitted, properly, accurately and honestly completed

Essex Police will endeavour to process the application within the following timescales from the date of receipt of the completed application:

• Grant of a firearm or a shot gun certificate
      *40 weeks

• Renewal of a firearm or shot gun certificate (including variation to acquire additional firearms)
      16 weeks (from the date of the expiry of the previous certificate). Please note: a temporary permit will be issued which will last for 6 months from the expiry of the old certificate. This will cover the certificate holder during the renewal process.

• Change of address
      8 weeks

• 'one for one' variation on an identical or similar calibre
      4-5 weeks

• 'one for one' variation on none identical or similar calibres and amendment of certificates for additional 'good reason' or use
      10-12 weeks

https://www.essex.police.uk/contact_...y_targets.aspx

Not exactly confidence inspiring is it? And no, a temporary permit does not 'cover' the holder of an FAC for sporting use as it cannot have S.5 ammo listed on it, so they could be out of action for nearly 4 months while their renewal goes through.
    Last edited by Orion; 24-03-2016 at 17:36.

my certificate ran out at the beginning of this month and a six month temporary was issued. I have just had my visit and am now waiting for my certificate to hit the door mat. To some of you it may sound bad but its a improvement

Its starts next week having only just been approved. It will deal with the backlog and avoit TPs

still no calls ? been on a temp for 4 weeks so no shooting and its driving me mad , had calls for pest control but unable to do it? so pos loss of that job ammo costing me 5 a week to be with rfd another loss to me ? stalking is out of the window so another loss to me if true it will be good to bring Essex into the 21 century

Heres hoping they,( pick up the phone)
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    still no calls ? been on a temp for 4 weeks so no shooting and its driving me mad , had calls for pest control but unable to do it? so pos loss of that job ammo costing me 5 a week to be with rfd another loss to me ? stalking is out of the window so another loss to me if true it will be good to bring Essex into the 21 century
    Write to your senior firearms manager copy in the chief constable and PCC politely explain your problem and point out that you will be forwarding a bill for your costs due to their incompetence. The longer you wait the more it costs you, not them!
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Lancashire do that as well.
    Quid enim proderit Homini si lucretur Mundum totum et detrimentum faciat Animae suae?

when I said who pays for the rfd I was told well you !in not so many words what can I do ? sorry its just how the law's work you can hold 1000 fmj but not one exp
    going to call up and find out about the tele cert ? that Basc are saying they now can do , I shall post the outcome .

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Write to your senior firearms manager copy in the chief constable and PCC politely explain your problem and point out that you will be forwarding a bill for your costs due to their incompetence. The longer you wait the more it costs you, not them!