Thread: Taking it on the chin.

Taking it on the chin.

Anyone for the Bull Run?
    Attachment 1272

Now I know why we use rifles.
    John

Isn't it great when they strike back, barbaric

I am not a tree hugger.. but that's wrong

Exactly my feelings too. I have been shooting since I was a kid and I hope I have never done anything intentional to put an animal in pain just for the fun of it and you couldnt even eat the poor beast when it met its miserable end due to the stress this so called sport inflicts on them. Dont know why I put this in tips either!

cant even think of anything witty to add to make it a tip ha ha

well done the bull

Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    Exactly my feelings too. I have been shooting since I was a kid and I hope I have never done anything intentional to put an animal in pain just for the fun of it and you couldnt even eat the poor beast when it met its miserable end due to the stress this so called sport inflicts on them. Dont know why I put this in tips either!
    HuH! when I worked in Southern Spain some years back the local markets sold beef that came from the Bull Ring up the moutain. Despite being there just over 3 months i never saw the Bull ring then again I didn't see the resort of Torrimelinos (Spelling?) and that was just down the road from Benal Madina where we were.

....and I thought that my chin bled if I nicked it when shaving!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Bullfighting is more than a spectacle it has roots in culture where the common man could stand up and be respected by the rich.

In the early 1700's a nobleman in progress of killing a bull from horseback became unseated and was sure to die from the rampaging bull, a carpenters assistant leapt into the ring and to the awe and admiration of onlookers drew the bull away just waving his hat. He began the transformation of a noblemans sport into the trial of an ordinary man on foot. This was the opening of a new horizon to his impoverished country men.

I would not invent it but I respect the mark it has in genuine Spanish culture and would do what I could to support it and what it represents.

am i missing some thing,

a carpenter jumped in and waved his hat
    so now in admiration for this heroic gesture, we stick swords in its back.... through its rib cage and eventually into its heart.

big jump from hat to sword,

Chaps, If you want to allow large bovines to chase you check out the following. Personally I would want a .416 for company!!
    More than germolene needed for these mee thinks

Attachment 1369Attachment 1370

Attachment 1368

That first pic is an excellent shot of a left and right!