Thread: mazda pickup

mazda pickup

Morning, has any members had any dealings with or owned a mazda pick up?
    if so i would like to hear any info youv got.
    Regards Neil

got a 52 plate single cab at work ,light and goes most places on road tyres great old truck love it for foxin
    Norma
    PS you can actually get the rifle on the wing mirror and its not 2" too high like most jap trucks
    Last edited by norma 308; 28-03-2016 at 07:19.

I've had an 09 double cab for about 5 months now. I love it, nice and comfortable and better economy than I expected. I've only done 5k miles in it but it has consistently got 34mpg every tank full and even got 44mpg on a 200 mile motorway run (I was doing 60 sitting behind a HGV the whole time). It's a bit noisy on start up especially when cold but within 10 mins it quietens down.

Got a Y reg Ford Ranger which is the same thing and I reckon its the best of those pick ups other than a HiLux - use it just as a shooting bus

Quote Originally Posted by Ziplobb View Post
    Got a Y reg Ford Ranger which is the same thing and I reckon its the best of those pick ups other than a HiLux - use it just as a shooting bus
    I was just about to say that I think they are based on ford Rangers.

Yes they are basically a ford ranger. Here supposed to be a bit more "sporty" or car like to fit in with the Mazda "zoom zoom" brand but they still have decent 4wd and a rear lsd so perform well off road.

My dad has an 03 plate and has owned it since new. It's never missed a beat. A little bit of rust starting to appear now but that's to expected on a vehicle of this age.
    The only work that it's needed was to have the injectors replaced.

ATB Lee