Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bergara rifles ?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

bergara rifles ?

anyone used one yet,

I have a local to me RFD who is after a old shotgun of mine and I have been trying to sell my 20 tac to get a new to me 243,

now he has offered me a new bergara rifle and a hardy gen V mod for the shotgun,

he is coming up to see the place where I work today and will bring it with him as I am very interested, now I know they have been making barrels for some time but wanted to ask if anyone has used one yet.

cheers

bob.

he info looks good.. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...17868183,d.ZWU

its the B14 in 243.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I recon a real Alternative to a T3. Only know them from the IWA show. Rem copy but integrated recoil lug which means you bed once even if changing the barrel.
    I would love to try one. Can't understand why they are not selling like hot-cakes.
    edi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    I recon a real Alternative to a T3. Only know them from the IWA show. Rem copy but integrated recoil lug which means you bed once even if changing the barrel.
    I would love to try one. Can't understand why they are not selling like hot-cakes.
    edi
    thank you EJG

I have just seen them arrive in the most horrible down pour I have seen this morning,

just hope he likes the shotgun as much as I like the look of the 243, if I get a break in the weather then I will get out and shoot it today, but I think Noah has his finger in a dyke somewhere cos this is evil, second day of public opening and its pants.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Bob, your mate Neil and a few of his mates don't rate Bergara barrels, so a Bergara rifle won't get the thumbs up from them ;-)
    But then a few years ago everybody slagged off Remmys but they did the trick for thousands of folk, including me, with no problems so based on that go for it.
    My .222 has a Bergara barrel and is as good as any other.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Bob, your mate Neil and a few of his mates don't rate Bergara barrels, so a Bergara rifle won't get the thumbs up from them ;-)
    But then a few years ago everybody slagged off Remmys but they did the trick for thousands of folk, including me, with no problems so based on that go for it.
    My .222 has a Bergara barrel and is as good as any other.
    cheers Edd

he is happy with the shotgun and I am about to stick a Zeiss on it so if I get a chance to get out when the public have settled down ill let you know how it shoots,

bob.

Some say the Bergara barrels need 100-200 rounds until max accuracy. I had a 243 sporter Bergara barrel on a Howa. First shots were around an inch, after 20-30 shots she got down to 1/2". Didn't shoot the rifle much but shot one 3 shot group at 340m that was around 30mm. Used 80gr SP.
    edi

Blog Entries
    well I just popped out and just before the big downpour I had a 3 shot group under 1",

but I have run out of time and then the air ambulance landed just outside the front gate on the a34...looks like a 4/5 car smash, so I had to get back to the castle to help with the vehicles leaving the park,

bob.

if there anything like there barrels Bob may just be a good deal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    if there anything like there barrels Bob may just be a good deal

HI Big Man

hope the kids are having a great Easter,

I have not been able to get out again but im happy with what I have seen today. there is a very bad crash just outside the front gate on the a34 south Paul and we are having problems getting people who want to leave the castle out and south bound,

bob.

Bob whats the build quality and finish like on the Bergara do they have a slightly larger profile barrel compared to a standard Hunter ?