Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 dead red deer in Newton Aycliffe game dealers today

Unhappy 2 dead red deer in Newton Aycliffe game dealers today

I recently posted about seeing 7 Reds near Hamsterley in the photos section. Today I was phoned by a friend to say that a game dealer had 2 red deer carcases hanging, purportedly taken in by a Forestry Commission stalker in Hamsterley(can't prove it though).
    Out of season reds - what's the penalty for the game dealer and what's the penalty for the (so-called) stalker?
    I'm realy gutted that this has happened. Reds are so unusual around here except in deer parks that no justification whatsoever can exist.
    I'm just sickened by it.
    Last edited by dodgyrog; 01-06-2010 at 17:17. Reason: Clarification

Out of season license maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    I recently posted about seeing 7 Reds near Hamsterley in the photos section. Today I was phoned by a friend to say that a game dealer had 2 red deer carcases hanging, purportedly taken in by a Forestry Commission stalker in Hamsterley(can't prove it though).
    Out of season reds - what's the penalty for the game dealer and what's the penalty for the (so-called) stalker?
    I'm realy gutted that this has happened. Reds are so unusual around here except in deer parks that no justification whatsoever can exist.
    I'm just sickened by it.
    has your friend seen them himself,and would he know what a red looks like?

My friend was informed by his friend who was dropping off pigeons and saw the carcasses without heads and feet. He questioned the dealer about them and was advised about the Forestry Commission.
    I believe it to be true.

You could always ask to give him a hand with his problem no penalty if the landowner wants them gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    I'm just sickened by it.

they may have been eating the trees within a enclosed area...

Whats it really got to do with you NOTHING .

What is it someone sees two reds hanging up and straight away it a crime ,NO its NOT, its about time some of you people learn what the law is and what it states ,about taking deer out of season before you hang someone by the NUTS.
    The members on my syndicate have just went back down to England and Wales respectively with 2 Red stags, no crime involved its a block forestry license for shooting out of season .

Which is held by all forestry companies yes ,all .

Wake up and smell the coffee this isn't something new its been happening for years .

hi rog i was told by a friend that an ambulance had to go to a rta in weardale car had ran into a red stag that was a couple of months ago
    atb tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    hi rog i was told by a friend that an ambulance had to go to a rta in weardale car had ran into a red stag that was a couple of months ago
    atb tom

right thats it then free for all lets go...

ps.. its allowed they are causing harm... oh and they ate the trees before they crossed

no doubt glenshee is a distant memory.. ahh the good old days ehhh
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 01-06-2010 at 19:27. Reason: omitted law code