Thread: Stalking Therapy

Stalking Therapy

Hi all,

It's been awhile since i was active on this forum as i've had a few tough months and completely lost interest in almost everything, stalking included.

A friend picked up on this and invited me down to the estate he has the stalking on in Dorset. The weather on Saturday wasn't very good and it was late Saturday before we managed to get out to check zero. We had a look around but the wind was very cold and the rain started falling again. We decided to leave it for the day and try first thing in the morning.

We were up early and went to check another patch of his further east. We spotted several does and after about an hour saw a nice 6 pointer a few fields away. We stalked in on him but just as we were getting close he disapppeared into the copse. We stalked round the copse but he winded us and took off.

Back on the main estate that afternoon conditions improved and we stalked in on 4 bucks within minutes of setting off. Decided to leave these bucks and went for a walk to see what we could find. Nothing was happening so we went back to the original field, only to find another 2 bucks had joined the other 4. non were very good but then this nice little 6 pointer stepped out and i took from about 50 yards with my 7x57 and he dropped to the shot.

Needless to say, i was chuffed to bits and have been in a much better mood every since. It's amazing what a few days in the fresh air can do. Getting a buck was a nice end to a much needed break.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dorsetmay2010007.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	235.9 KB 
ID:	1279

Nice looking Buck, good day by the sounds of it.

Good of your mate to think of you and try to get you out and about again.

Atb,

Moe..

It's like the advert says: "You know who your mates are....."

Good result - in more ways than one, it seems.

ATB,

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

As the man says you know who your friends are in your hour of need, pat that man on the shoulder and get him a drink.
    Hope its all up up up from now mate.

frank

Nice looking buck,its amazing what a couple of hours outside can do for your state of mind

I was feeling like that lately overworked, underpaid, and thats just at home!!lol!went out sunday morning 4 am bagged a buck by 4 45 ,walked about looking for a fox or 2,then had one of those great wildlife moments,2 small badger cubs in a field ,got to within 2 or 3 feet of them,they knew i was there but just looked and kept rooting around,!!left them to it,great morning, but back in doghouse at home though , fell asleep on couch later on when we had visitors,
    was worth it though!!

[QUOTE=bauldy bob;105476]Nice looking buck,its amazing what a couple of hours outside can do for your state of mind

I was feeling like that lately overworked, underpaid, and thats just at home!!lol!went out sunday morning 4 am bagged a buck by 4 45 ,walked about looking for a fox or 2,then had one of those great wildlife moments,2 small badger cubs in a field ,got to within 2 or 3 feet of them,they knew i was there but just looked and kept rooting around,!!left them to it,great morning, but back in doghouse at home though , fell asleep on couch later on when we had visitors,
    PHP Code:
    was worth it though!![/QUOTE 
    ]

You bet it was..

Sp4rkman

Sorry to hear things had not been good for you lately, it is good to have mates that will help pick you up and stalking as you say can be good therapy for some of life’s lows.

Well done.

Tahr