Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clipex fencing system for deer

Clipex fencing system for deer

Has anyone used the relatively new clipex fencing system, rather than he conventional wooden posts, im thinking of using this as is seems easy and will never rot, has anyone used it in there parks? Chers

on stone/weed free flat ground seems good.

'never rot' not possible

Quote Originally Posted by bijssg View Post
    Has anyone used the relatively new clipex fencing system, rather than he conventional wooden posts, im thinking of using this as is seems easy and will never rot, has anyone used it in there parks? Chers
    Last edited by .25-06; 27-03-2016 at 14:01.

Quote Originally Posted by .25-06 View Post

on stone/weed free flat ground seems good.

'never rot' not possible
    This is true it will corode, but it will see me out haha each 9' post is the same price as a creosoted 9' 4" give or take a pence or two.

Clipex is now becoming more popular among fencing contractors the strainers are expensive I would go with pressure treated creosote strainers (15-30 year life span) and clipex inters and clipex wire.
    Don’t know how it would stand up to areas that take pressure, gathering areas and pressure points on race ways.
    On flat parkland and farmland it would be great wouldn’t like to use it round us like fencing over a egg tray to much undulating ground would struggle to keep the inters in the ground if there was any tension on the wire.
    Try this forum very helpful bunch of chaps. Farm Fencing Talk

Friend of mine manages a huge flock and raves about Clipex. It is only used to about 4' height so I can't comment on the deer side of things. We're still overrun with fallow. Haven't seen any more than usual getting hung up so it doesn't seem a bad innovation on the welfare front.

It may need developed a bit more to use for deer. On flat ground , well strainer'd might be useful but on broken ground especially with titan one piece net I think you'd have to use strainers instead of posts to hold the net where there was a lot of vertical pressure. This would probably make the cost prohibitive. Also if 2o deer bounce -off the one piece net supported by wooden stobs , you generally break a couple of posts which is usually enough give to spare the net and the posts could just be replaced.
    Also save the anti's carrying wire cutters , they just have to un-clip fence and lay it down.

I done a bit with those steel 'wharata' post years ago out in OZ althou never had the clipex system then, either threaded line wires throu holes in post or tied them on to the posts. Go in ok with those pneumatic things, boss also had some tractors rigged up with a hydralic man crate/s on front so u could drive posts in with a jack hammer with a special bit, the tractors with 2 baskets where for vine yard fencing putting 2 lines up at once. He also had a couple of old county's that pulled 2 chappers on a trailer so could rive 2 posts at same time, cracking home made set up for the vineyards
    The reason they use metal posts out in oz is timber psts split so steeples come out

I take it the strainers are conreted in? That will be ur major problem as metal doesnae grip the ground the same as timber so unless concreted in with a foot on will just pull out.

As has been mentoned any slope willl make it hard to clip nets on unless u had ur posts at 90 to ground and not plumb.

Also stocking densities in oz are tiny compared to here so how i stands up to the pressure over time. And how lon the clips last for, even the difference in climates might make a difference

Being honest if i was erecting any new fences nowadys i'd really try and put atleast 1 strand of electric instead of barb, u just don't get stock/beasts leaning and rubbing themselves on the posts and pushing fence over, last far longer

I've put a bit up myself, plus some with the contractor. All these things have pros and cons! As stated the end strain assemblies are expensive, and most people are using standard strainers and boxes with clipex intermediates. The fence net has to be strained prior to posting as doing the other way round the net catches in the clip notches, and you'll be walking up and down un snagging and cursing! Works best with an electric top wire, and small plastic attachments are available. Doesn't work that well hitting stone or stoney ground, the odd one will just bend. The beefy posts are pretty good.

Just an immediate observation. If used for deer is it secure enough to prevent escape or easy theft?

I imagine it will also be a pain in slightly undulating ground, normally with timber posts really easy to put tie downs in to keep posts down in the hollows, be a pain with that stuff and the metal posts will be more prone to pull out of ground too.
    But be ways and means if u have too thou

Boarboy. Wot do u think of it? Will it stand the test of time compared to normal fencing?