Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: zk 601

  1. #1

    zk 601

    Hi Guys, just bought a zkk 601 .308 a couple of months back, am just about to do some load development and noticed its barrel is not free floating, if anyone knows anything about these rifles it would be greatly recieved.
    Regards Neil.

  2. #2
    The barrels on these were never free floating, but I found them to alter point of impact depending on the weather.
    Remove some would so that its free floating and they are a different rifle all together.
    Combined with the set trigger the accuracy of these is brilliant.

  3. #3
    Shoot it first and see how it shoots. I used to have a 601 in 308 and it shot well indeed and all I did was to strip the factory varnish off and oil finish the stock as I found in the wet the factory varnish type finish slippy. The oil finish was better and just needed a little oil rubbed in after it was dried off.

    A friend in the gun club had a 300 Win mag Brno and that too shot very well with no alterations ......................................... so shoot it first and see how it performs.

  4. #4
    Had one in 243 great rifle , very accurate never used the set trigger ,

  5. #5
    I have one in .243 unaltered in any way and it is very accurate

  6. #6
    Just to let you guys know, i took levigsp to his word and floated the barrel, what a transformation, grouping nicely now.
    Neil

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Just to let you guys know, i took levigsp to his word and floated the barrel, what a transformation, grouping nicely now.
    Neil
    So the other 3 peoples advice was incorrect then?

    I have to wonder did you try the rifle out before you altered it? You first posts suggests that you had not.

    Or did you just plough ahead and do it without shooting the rilfe first?

    It would be nice to know if we are wasting our time offering suggestions and advice from personal experience for the future.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    So the other 3 peoples advice was incorrect then?

    I have to wonder did you try the rifle out before you altered it? You first posts suggests that you had not.

    Or did you just plough ahead and do it without shooting the rilfe first?

    It would be nice to know if we are wasting our time offering suggestions and advice from personal experience for the future.
    Hi Conure, I am so sorry if I have offended you, I did try the rifle and out of five shots only three slightly grouped and the other two were flyers, and this is why I always use this site for suggestions as you always get good advice.
    Kindest Regards Neil

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Hi Conure, I am so sorry if I have offended you, I did try the rifle and out of five shots only three slightly grouped and the other two were flyers, and this is why I always use this site for suggestions as you always get good advice.
    Kindest Regards Neil

    Not offended just curious. Thank you for the information though. We others just must have been lucky with our 601's. Though frowned on I found mine liked the 165 grain Nosler Ballistic tip bullet the Roe and Muntjac were not so keen on it though. It was this combination that I shot my first Roe Buck.

    The load that I had for this Nosler never shot tiny clusters that I remember but they never strayed to more than about 7/8" for 5 shots. It was only last week that we had a clear out and I found some old targets on the shelf from this time and most from the Brno showed 3 shots touching or almost with two shots about half to one bullet diameter away from the three. The rifle and load was effective on Deer and Fox and this was using a Zeiss Jena 4x scope with the Tri Post cross hair, A higher mag scope with a duplex cross hair may have made a difference I suppose. It brought back some good memories but the targets went onto the bonfire as we are clearing out stuff ready to put the place on the market.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    Not offended just curious. Thank you for the information though. We others just must have been lucky with our 601's. Though frowned on I found mine liked the 165 grain Nosler Ballistic tip bullet the Roe and Muntjac were not so keen on it though. It was this combination that I shot my first Roe Buck.

    The load that I had for this Nosler never shot tiny clusters that I remember but they never strayed to more than about 7/8" for 5 shots. It was only last week that we had a clear out and I found some old targets on the shelf from this time and most from the Brno showed 3 shots touching or almost with two shots about half to one bullet diameter away from the three. The rifle and load was effective on Deer and Fox and this was using a Zeiss Jena 4x scope with the Tri Post cross hair, A higher mag scope with a duplex cross hair may have made a difference I suppose. It brought back some good memories but the targets went onto the bonfire as we are clearing out stuff ready to put the place on the market.
    Hi, i bought a brandnew sako 85 .243 and i really like it, but decided to get the brno .308 for the odd stag or two, and i really rate the old brno i think it might just get more use than the sako.
    Regards Neil

Similar Threads

  1. zk 601
    By drummerboy in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-01-2016, 08:06
  2. Brno zkk 601
    By blaven in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 03:19
  3. For Sale CZ 601 Zkk
    By Taff in forum Firearms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 19:02
  4. cz 601
    By simon1979 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 27-12-2012, 20:57
  5. BRNO ZKK 601 Zero Problem
    By stevefranks in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 19-08-2011, 18:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •