Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affordable, quality see through NV

Affordable, quality see through NV

Is there any affordable,high quality see through NV ? Compared a few NV set ups. Yukon Photon vs. homebuild screen type ( similar to Nightsite). The image on the screen is much better compared to the Photon, but very cumbersome. High, wires, ........
    Is there any see through add on unit available that gives the quality image of a good scope such as Meopta, Kahles, Zeiss, .... ?
    What about the pvs 14 ? Not regarding price here.

No NV device can compete with the image quality of good scope like Zeiss etc.
    The best image quality in any NV device I've looked through is the Armasight Drone Pro- partly because it uses an 800x600 OLED display
    The best of the add-ons is the Ward D700, but the image quality is not quite as good as the Drone Pro because it uses a 640x480 LCD display.

Cheers

Bruce

check put a guy called some bloke on bbs/pigion watch for home made nv

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    check put a guy called some bloke on bbs/pigion watch for home made nv
    "Some Bloke" doesn't do in-line add-ons, only those with an external LCD screen.

Cheers

Bruce

Wait until later this year, new pulsar unit to add to the front of any scope is coming

Quote Originally Posted by OISÍN View Post
    Wait until later this year, new pulsar unit to add to the front of any scope is coming
    Better sell my DFA 75 then

Quote Originally Posted by OISÍN View Post
    If the Pulsar Core FHD50 is ever released ( and it was supposed to be 6 months ago) I may sell my DFA75 as well. But until such time nothing can match it. It does of course have the same high resolution 640x480 OLED display as a Drone Pro
    Last edited by B&W FOX; 28-03-2016 at 22:22.

I am not in a hurry.
    What about a second hand psv14 ?

Quote Originally Posted by B&W FOX View Post
    If the Pulsar Core FHD50 is ever released ( and it was supposed to be 6 months ago) I may sell my DFA75 as well. But until such time nothing can match it. It does of course have the same high resolution 640x480 OLED display as a Drone Pro
    FYI: The DFA75 has a 500x582 sensor and a 640x480 OLED display
    The Drone pro has a 976x582 sensor and an 800x600 OLED display

Cheers

Bruce

Define affordable, and define high quality. Everybody's view is different.
    I use a longbow and archer, on separate rifles. Both give me good distance at different prices. The newer nitesites seem to have removed a lot of the wiring issues they used to have, but they are definitely a bit more bulky.
    add-ons consist of 3 elements. Scope, ir, and nv unit. They all play a big factor in quality of the image and distance you will see.
    front mount will always have issues. It comes down to maths. But if you want to up your zoom you need a bigger lens that is why a lot of the front mount lens are only goot to 5 or 6 mag.

oh and everybody has an opinion and we are all right, and everybody else is wrong.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .