Do deer like peanut butter?

Beowulf

Well acording to an American bow hunting site I was looking at, yes they do! They suggest cutting the bottom off a plastic container and nailing the lid to a tree at deer height and fastening the container to the lid. I'll give it a go this weekend on the muntjac. Should be interesting! :D

You will soon have the finest collection of badgers as that is what the watchers put out. Will be interesting. Keep posts up to date.Always wanted to try badger ham-----Cancel that too full of TB
morena

I know thwy like gingernuts there was a tame red deer lived at Chatsworth when I was young it went bonkers for them was more like a pony than a deer quite bizare as all the others legged it this one didn't give a hoot.. came right up to you

BTW Morena badger really stinks when you boil it .. not all it's made out to be we picked up a fresh road kill one years ago ... :p

I like to try out various baits to tempt the deer in. Usually I use natural fodder or just move around the ground as the apples, nuts and berries come into season. The peanut butter idea just sort of tickles me. The deer will have to get right up to the jar and hopefully they will be to pre-occupied with the peanut butter to take much notice of me.
The Blue Bell shoots are coming through on my patch, so that will be my next port of call. Shooting the muntjac as they browse the sweet smelling carpet of flowers.

Hi Beowulf
Well i can tell you that the reds over the farm have a taste for the stuff :!:
Was over there putting some fencing up last year & had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch :!: Or should i say i thought i had them for lunch untill i spotted one of the young hinds with her head inside my lunch box :eek: The remnants of a half eaten peanut butter sandwich an apple & 2 bananas were all that was left & 1 very satisfied hind wandering back down the field without a care in the world :eek:
I think they will get a taste of anything given the time mate so its worth a go :D

Will you also be taking that bow and arrow with you as well Beowulf, probably have more bloody chance of hitting something. :lol: :lol: Here`s a tip, remember to take the red suckers from the arrow heads this time mate ;) :lol:

wadas

Next time you come down here Wadas, I'm going to hang you up covered in peanut butter and feed you to the Muntjac with frecking lazers on their frecking heads! :evil:

heres a tip mrB
use smooth, nut crunchy as the smooth seems to hav a stronger smell maybe due to its oilier content and will last longer on a stump than the crunchy , never used it on deer but it worked well on the squirrels :evil:
sad i know , but true

I don't believe it is for the munties anyway. From what I have heard about Mr B., he can get peckish while out in the wood and if he dots the odd pot of peanut butter about he will be fine. Bit like pooh bear and his honey! :lol:

Hey Wadda's I bet Mr B has grown out of that Indian costume he had when he was 5 years old :D Or are you refering to the other Indian costume he has, you know the one similar to the Village People :eek:

Bugger, :eek:
Andy L and Sikamalc have sussed me out! Now when I go to Quex, everyone will know I'm there when they see a fat bloke wearing a very tight Red Indian outfit whilst eating a peanut butter sandwich!

'How pale faces! Whose round is it?' ;)

Can i wear my gimp suit to the museum :eek:
If your wearing your indian outfit Beowulf i can wear mine :D
Its gonna be easy to spot Wadas............ Hes the only wearing a flat cap & got a whipet on a bit of string......... O yeh he will be holding a pint of bitter as well :D :D :D :D They do that where he comes from you know :D :D :D
Sikamalc, dont worry mate you can talk to me.......... At least ill understand what your talking about :D :D

steyr
just make sure you use plenty of talc , we don't want any chaffing on yor head now do we :lol: :lol:

steyr 243 said:
Its gonna be easy to spot Wadas............ Hes the only wearing a flat cap & got a whipet on a bit of string......... O yeh he will be holding a pint of bitter as well :D :D :D :D They do that where he comes from you know :D :D :D
Sikamalc, dont worry mate you can talk to me.......... At least ill understand what your talking about :D :D

I`ve got my eye on you Nick lad ;)
Wot duz tha meen malc won`t beable to understand wor am sayin, and to put you right again Nick lad i DRINK BLOODY LAGER :mad: :lol:

You bloody cockneys can stick together, i will sit in the corner with my pint and wippet on a string talkin to missen :cry:

PS, the flat cap stays at home ;), along with the bloody wippet :lol:

wadas

just to let you know wadas,someone we both know who is a southerner wears a flat cap and by the sounds of things he wears a gimp suit to :confused: :lol: ,and i have got to share a room with him 2 weeks today :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

tika.308 said:
just to let you know wadas,someone we both know who is a southerner wears a flat cap and by the sounds of things he wears a gimp suit to :confused: :lol: ,and i have got to share a room with him 2 weeks today :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

My thoughts are with you mate :lol: :lol:

We can take the pee out of him all night if we want cos he is at work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , poor thing :confused:

wadas

Back