Thread: The final straw ~

The final straw ~

Completely off topic but hey-ho!

I think some of you can understand where i'm coming from when l say that my pet hate is the blackberry gadgets? In particular the fact that they sort of link you to your boss/WORK on email for as long as its switched on. If you dont answer an email in a reasonable time - its followed by a call....and the "well there's no excuse...you are on email all the time now" remark....

Today - after fighting for 2 years NOT to have one for work-maintaining that l've got a laptop with a 3G card (so l can get access to all works material in an emergency), my new boss has decided that they are work critical and that my work phone will be 'up-graded' to one within two weeks.

Whilst l'll just get on with it, i'm just glad that the majority of my work time is spent driving, and the dam thing will be turned off at 5:30pm on the dot.

Do the FC carry these things? - might get a job with them...

Tom

Bad luck Tom, just be strict with that off button!

I'm the same, I work remotely a lot and my home network is even a permanent subnet of the office network - I'm connected 24/7!

It's true what they say - today's favour is tomorrow's duty. You fix a problem from a beach on holiday once and they'll expect it again. Be brutal - switch off!

Alex

We've just got iPhones through work and very easy to turn off the email function

After having an accident I was made to have a mobile phone by the wife and kids! Its pay as you go and I have as yet to manage to spend 40.00 a year on it

My brother, bless him, works for HMG and has to have his Blackberry on at all times Even when abroad!! Poor sod

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I also work form home and have a blackberry for when not at home, but ignore it most of the time. They do have there uses if you are on call and you are out and about...

my phone is on 24-7 even on holiday, to be honest IMHO there's few things in life as sweet as explaining that "I can come and fix that heating fault if you really want, but as I am on a mountain in Switzerland at the moment the call out charge is going to be a bitch!"

Tommo,

Look at it this way - let him give you the blackberry and i'll pass you a balistics program. Then you can spend hours experimenting with different load combinations rather than working or answering the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Tommo,

Look at it this way - let him give you the blackberry and i'll pass you a balistics program. Then you can spend hours experimenting with different load combinations rather than working or answering the phone.
    Not a bad idea fella! A mate of mine says that you can record stuff & use them as a fox call?!

- Now that would be good! Or even a fawn distress call!

T