Tick bite

mo

hi all.. I just got back from scotland and whilst i was there i had been bit by a tick.. I was checking for them regularly and notected on one night i had one on me.. anyway i removed it and have been keeping an eye on the area which looks ok.. i am guessing it want on me for long. Should i go to the gp as i was concerned about lymes.. thanks all. Mo

devils bugs

i would as i didnt and for weeks had a big pink coloured circle on my hand made me feel well down and itched like hell i didnt remove it in the rite way i was that shocked i just pulled it off not very nice, hope its ok

Mo
You only need to start worrying if the rash starts to spread from the area of the bite, typically in an expanding circle. You'll usually get slight inflammation form a tick bite anyway, anything more (especially if you feel a bit flu-like) is worth getting checked out. A trip to your GP mentioning 'Lyme?' will put your mind at rest if necessary.
Mole

Last edited:
The Mole is correct, I often come of the hill with several tics, have a hot bath with a little disinfectant added.
No big red rings, then no problem.

I've already had about 20 of the wee feckers this year. Unless, as the mole say, the bite starts spreading or you get other side effects then I wouldn't worry about it.

Having contracted Lymes over a year ago, I can speak with a little bit of knowledge. All Tick bites should be kept a check on. However it does not always mean you will go onto to get Lymes.

I did not get the classic big round red ring round the bite area. This does not always occur. If you start to feel feverish, and ache within a week or two get yourself to the doctors. From the picture it does not appear to be an infected bite, but if the red area continues to grow and expand outwards go straight to the doctors. The blood test looks for antibodies in your blood and I believe there are only 4 places within the UK that can test for Lymes.

If you are in any doubt go to your doctor, Lymes if not treated can be fatal, and will cause irreversible damage over a period of time if not diagnosed.

ATB

Sikamalc

no mate it was over 5 years ago, i feel sorry for the dog after weekend stalking he gets covered front-line works a treat though.

Back