Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 4x4

Which 4x4

Evening everyone,

As the title states I'm looking for a 4x4 but a bit stuck on which to go for. This will not be a brand new buy (far from it). More likely to be a cheap second hand car from Ebay or the likes. I did have a Suzuki Vitara and loved it so that is an option but I have also come across a few Daihatsu Fourtax's so my question is:

Has anyone either got a Daihatsu or had experience with them. My only experience of them is when I was younger and there used to be one on the farm that I worked at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

A budget (if it is not being to nosey would be helpful) the fourtrak has had its day, yes there are a number around but the exporters like them so parts are thin on the ground.

If you want a full time job then get a landy....(where is rd when you need a comment )

What do you need one for begs the question

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    A budget (if it is not being to nosey would be helpful) the fourtrak has had its day, yes there are a number around but the exporters like them so parts are thin on the ground.

If you want a full time job then get a landy....(where is rd when you need a comment )

What do you need one for begs the question

Tim.243
    Sorry I should of put in some more information.

The vehicle will be used mainly for off road use but need it to be roadworthy to get me to/from where I shoot. Looks are not important as I plan to strip the back out to accomodate for all my gear. Budget at the minute is between 450 - 700 so really not expecting too much. I am a qualified mechanic so I can pretty much do most jobs if required on it.

Adam

Vitara is the only one for you and I think you know it really don't you.

If it's real off-road capability that you want and interior space is not critical, then what about a Suzuki Jimny.

Unless you want to spend a lot of time carrying out repairs then I would stay well clear of Landrovers !

An old Defender would be best, but reliability will be an issue. Same with an old Discovery. A fourtrak might be possible, but they are all pretty old now and eat fuel like it's 1970's America! A good Vitara would fit the bill. A Jimny would be good too, but if you intend to use it on the road you won't enjoy it!

Jimny would be fine if he is only doing short road distances to his land.

David.

Well the distance to where I stalk is about 55 miles so not the shortest of journeys. I do like the Vitara's. Only reason I got rid of last one is because it was going to cost me more to fix it than what it cost me. Got my eye on a few just now so will see what comes of them. Just need to sell my little 106 to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumack View Post
    Vitara is the only one for you and I think you know it really don't you.
    What makes you say that pal? Do you own one?