Thread: Chiller

Chiller

Looking at getting a game fridge thought coolgame lu700 or lu900. Shooting Muntjac and Fallow. Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Very nice fridge but a good second hand commercial fridge would do the same job at a third of the price.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

The LU900 will take fallow. The LU700 is only long enough for roe. FM.

Keep your eyes open on eBay, I bought a Forster stainless steel fridge from a small holder who was packing up, cost me 80, and does exactly the same job as something you could blow 1500 on..... For the deer you're talking about there's little need for anything more than a drinks chiller or what I've described.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I am also thinking about a chiller for next season, trouble is most of the fallow I am shooting now are big, does 80-90 and bucks 110-130 dressed out, and they blooding long hung up so most drinks fridges are 2 ft to short, had a coke fridge which fine for roe.

Quote Originally Posted by shearstu View Post
    I am also thinking about a chiller for next season, trouble is most of the fallow I am shooting now are big, does 80-90 and bucks 110-130 dressed out, and they blooding long hung up so most drinks fridges are 2 ft to short, had a coke fridge which fine for roe.
    Try looking up monkey spankers larder pictures, he uses a nifty way of hanging red stags by not cutting through th H bone and hanging them from there in the chiller.... Makes the carcass a good bit shorter, only downside is the muscles set in an unconventional way....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink