Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a start to this day

What a start to this day

I have just got back in, what a disaster.
    I sold my 30-06 last week so i was after a really nice stag i had seen but only had my .243
    I opened the cabinet to find my trusty .243, which i hadn't used for over a year ready to go with the mod still on from the last time, awesome.
    I drive out to the place i had seen the stag, and there it was, with a bunch of hinds, i quickly loaded my Amax and settled in for a shot, but it was 300 yards away and i could only see it's head, i had no rest but i accounted for the strong crosswind and used my neoprene sling.
    The back stop was a tree, but that would be ok i thought, boom, i missed the head but managed to hit it 3 feet back and it ran off, then i thought, i wonder where the bullet went, god i hope it didn't hit a hind they went out of season on the 31st March.
    I reached in my pocket to find my BASC insurance had run out several years ago,whoops!
    I eventually found my deer and upon gralloching it found what i thought to be TB, can this day get any worse?
    So i decided that rather than ring for advice i would eat the deer myself, after all i can't put it in the food chain can i.
    Have a great day, better than mine anyway.
    My stag

Cheers
    Richard
    Last edited by devon deer stalker; 01-04-2016 at 06:09.

01/04/2016

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I have just got back in, what a disaster.
    I sold my 30-06 last week so i was after a really nice stag i had seen but only had my .243
    I opened the cabinet to find my trusty .243, which i hadn't used for over a year ready to go with the mod still on from the last time, awesome.
    I drive out to the place i had seen the stag, and there it was, with a bunch of hinds, i quickly loaded my Amax and settled in for a shot, but it was 300 yards away and i could only see it's head, i had no rest but i accounted for the strong crosswind and used my neoprene sling.
    The back stop was a tree, but that would be ok i thought, boom, i missed the head but managed to hit it 3 feet back and it ran off, then i thought, i wonder where the bullet went, god i hope it didn't hit a hind they went out of season on the 31st March.
    I reached in my pocket to find my BASC insurance had run out several years ago,whoops!
    I eventually found my deer and upon gralloching it found what i thought to be TB, can this day get any worse?
    So i decided that rather than ring for advice i would eat the deer myself, after all i can't put it in the food chain can i.
    Have a great day, better than mine anyway.
    Cheers
    Richard
    This must be an Arpil fools post surely????

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1985 View Post
    This must be an Arpil fools post surely????

Err yes. On another post on another forum someone has advertised a slot making device, and for extra payment a bag of S//t to go with it. LOL
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Wait a minute.....

Something a bit fishy about this post............

.243 AMAX would never take a grand old stag like that one. Even if it did have TB and do the decent thing and die at your feet.

On the top left of the photo.

Is that a barbed shaft arrow?
    Last edited by JockStalk; 01-04-2016 at 09:25.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Sounds plausible!!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Doubting Thomas,s the lot of you,he,sjust being honest
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

haha, great post DDS
    Tim