What aday to buy a rifle unseen!!

finnbear270

:eek:, April fool's day today then :rolleyes: I Found a Tikka T3 lite 25.06 on Holts, sealed bid auction,So bid for it (not madly though) I just had the e mail from them for payment, here's hoping it's not a lemon :-|, comes with a sling / scope & 40 factory rounds + spare mag.

You did notice that the scope is a Swarovski 6x42 Nova?

I imagine that you will do alright out of the purchase.

I've just had an invoice too for ammunition.

The kick-in is the Commission + VAT on the hammer price so £350 (x 130%) becomes £455 ... plus any delivery charges.:oops:

Not too painful, as long as the thing is accurate, with the spare mag £60?, scope that would be worth £150 minimum, 40 rounds factory £40? ... sling & swivels, Mounts? Reckon the rifle stands me around £120.00, should be collecting from a valuation day near me.

I know of a Tikka 25.06 that shoots very well 1" or less at 100m think its a 595, been bore scoped and the dealer has said it has fire-cracking.
Its 15 years old and the dealer has offered my mate £100 for it :eek:

I don't trust the dealer as he said similar about my Sauer 202 and if I do my bit it also shoots 1" at 100m

Anyone interested let me know asap as he is thinking of taking the part ex, and I think he is being ripped off !!!!

Nice buy. That's roughly $500 US?? A steal.
I took and April 1 risk this week. I was in the City at the Tikka dealer and they has a very nice T-3 Hunter in 270 for $540. It's a good deal but.... if i wait til the 6th of this month and use my store credit card to purchase it, I will get a $50 gift card, $40 off the purchase price of the gun, a t-shirt or a hat, and 6 months no interest to pay it off. The will make that rifle $450 and a very good deal indeed. I wonder how many other people are eyeballing it with the same thought?:-| ~Muir

Ahem!, clearing of throat .. both mine and the rifle, Well I might be able to smell a hint of lemon essence, Jet washed the stock:rofl:, A gallon of Acetone later I could see a very crisp bore!:eek::eek::eek:, the scope has unmarked lenses,:eek:, & no sign of rust, (probably due to all the gunk in every crevice), manufactured a scraper point for the tenon end from brass rod, EEuch!, will carry on with the excavations tomorrow.:doh:

Good luck with the excavations, hope it turns out to be a gem beneath all of it's protective coating.

Good luck with the excavations, hope it turns out to be a gem beneath all of it's protective coating.

Looks like whoever owned it just chucked it in an unzipped slip in the behind the seat mode, probably seen a few harvests there, bluing gone from the last few mils of barrel, but the crown is pristine and still blue, trigger group now looks like it's just come off the shelf, no crap inside the bolt body.

Just back from Valkyrie rifles,I was in and back out in under an hour, had an interesting chat with Dave whilst he examined the barrel from the .25-06, he pronounced it very usable & not had a great deal through it, some small amounts of pitting/corrosion being present, due to a lack of care, but nothing over the top,so it's now back here to be put back together for a test shoot, with a sweet threading job on it. Thank you Dave!,:tiphat:

Mr "Baldie" was very accurate in his pronunciation that there was life left in the rifle, after inspecting the barrel, just got chance to shoot it at Sealand this morning, elected to put some of the two batches of Sako factory through it to test it, sure enough, ...View attachment 69642 I give up,:doh: bloody picture keeps importing upside down, anyway, two separate factory loads @ 100 yds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out yesterday late afternoon to re test this Tikka T3 .25-06, I had noticed the recoil lug was exhibiting chafeing, indicating the stock screws had been a little less tight than recommended, so bonded the lug with a tiny amount of epoxy, (just enough to stop any movement ), & re tightened the screws properly, got to the farm that I was foxing on a little later & set up my stapler board, lasered at 105 yards, popped four rounds through here... Factory Sako again, might not bother reloading for this rifle:D

Back