Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butt out

Butt out

no, I'm not being rude!

Wondering if anyone has used these - are they any good or just a gimmick?

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/hunter-spe...ii-316940.html

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    no, I'm not being rude!

Wondering if anyone has used these - are they any good or just a gimmick?

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/hunter-spe...ii-316940.html
    Gimmick IMO. Plus, being designed for White Tails, they are a bit big for muntjac ;-)

How ever I have a friend in the USA who thinks they are great.

SD Regular
    There was a thread on here where I posted a video of one. It was thread about another American device looking like a rake that you raked out the innards with. FWIW Knibbs sell them in their shop.

Wouldn't bother if I were you, not worth the hassle. And to be honest for all the time it takes.

M

Complete gimmick.
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

A solution to a problem that doesn't exist. All you need is a 4-5 inch long knife and a bit of knowledge.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

A retired surgeon who was well versed in bowel cancer surgery once showed me a great way to remove the anus using a pair of Lane's surgical forceps. Principle is prob the same as the butt out thingy, but a lot easier and, apparently, the same way a piece of bowel would be removed from humans

Anyway, you basically pinch either side of the anus with the forceps, trim around it and keep keep easing it out as you go... You can get a load of bowel trimmed from the back end so once you let go with the forceps the whole lot it pretty much freed from inside the pelvis. No need to cut the bowel anywhere so nice clean gralloch. Very quick, very clean!

Have one in my roe sack that's been used a few times, thought it was a good idea at the time but turns out it's just another load of s***e you won't use if I'm being honest!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Utter *****. Wouldn't use one if you paid me!

Quote Originally Posted by 75 View Post
    A retired surgeon who was well versed in bowel cancer surgery once showed me a great way to remove the anus using a pair of Lane's surgical forceps. Principle is prob the same as the butt out thingy, but a lot easier and, apparently, the same way a piece of bowel would be removed from humans

Anyway, you basically pinch either side of the anus with the forceps, trim around it and keep keep easing it out as you go... You can get a load of bowel trimmed from the back end so once you let go with the forceps the whole lot it pretty much freed from inside the pelvis. No need to cut the bowel anywhere so nice clean gralloch. Very quick, very clean!
    That sounds like a bloody good idea. I have a pair I use when trout fishing, will give it a go next time I manage to come home with a deer.