Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midge season nears

Midge season nears

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a non-aerosol and odourless spray that kills Black fly Midges and common blue bottles.

frank.

best thing Ive seen is m.o.d mosquito replant from the 70s/80s, i think it contains deet!! and now banned. may be still someone may have it.

hi i was told that this stuff really works and i was going to give it a go it on that fleabay site item no 300337559930

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    hi i was told that this stuff really works and i was going to give it a go it on that fleabay site item no 300337559930
    one purchased await results. if anyone has any ideas please let me know thanks steyr...

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a non-aerosol and odourless spray that kills Black fly Midges and common blue bottles.

frank.
    Got a thermocell on test last year but i bought the wrong gas canicter for it so will test it in 2 weeks time will let you know how i get on with it Cheers Neil

About time, you were supposed to do that test for me a year ago!!!

Not to worry, we lost out on the distributorship anyway as we wouldn't buy fifty grands worth up front!

What do you mean 'season nears'???

Little buggers hammered me at the weekend when trying to gralloch a wee roe buck. The skin on my arms felt like sandpaper by the time i was finished.

Incidentally, i bought and used a thermacell last year. Success was patchy at best. On perfectly still days and not moving then it was as good as a good spray on but even a puff of wind and i was eaten alive.

SD Regular
    Saw my first "daddy long legs" of the year this evening - 3 June.

best repellent ive tried(and im in midge central argyll)is tabard lotion, as for skin so soft=crap!

Autan i have been useing it for years it dose smell abit and dont get any in your mouth as it is really disgusting.But when it comes to the biters it really works and i am in scotand were the midges are like the woman not to be messed with.