Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transporting Argo

Transporting Argo

Hi just wondering if any of you have moved an Argo in a large transit or sprinter van and if so what size/model of van. I know you can get the high roof model now with higher doors to improve. The Argo has the cage on it as well so getting it into the van could be tricky. Might have to stick with the trailer. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thehuntinglodge View Post
    Hi just wondering if any of you have moved an Argo in a large transit or sprinter van and if so what size/model of van. I know you can get the high roof model now with higher doors to improve. The Argo has the cage on it as well so getting it into the van could be tricky. Might have to stick with the trailer. Thanks
    Im no expert but i doubt it would go in width wise.

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    Im no expert but i doubt it would go in width wise.
    + 1. Very doubtful width wise.

I think it would need to be a Luton style van or a pick up.

Regards Kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Argo will fit in a lwb Transit but you have to go over the wheel arches. If it then rocks to one side the cage will catch. We always fitted a fold down roll bar and screen (genuine cage is too heavy anyway) and we fitted small electric winch behind seats. Drive it so far then use winch to pull it in straight

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avatar-pic,-argo.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	68583

I must admit I have never tried to get one in a van. Can you take the cage off. Have towed one with a transit and it definitely would have not fitted in it.

Don't think a genuine cage will fit in, we never used them, too tall and too heavy (junk really)

Thanks to all, I wondered about width between the wheel arches especially if they have been boxed in. I will check out the Luton option, otherwise its stick with the trailer!

What the rough sort of size of an Argo length and width ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thehuntinglodge View Post
    Thanks to all, I wondered about width between the wheel arches especially if they have been boxed in. I will check out the Luton option, otherwise its stick with the trailer!
    Or a transit pick up will do the job. If you go down this route get proper ramps that lock in. I have a friend who had a bad accident with ramps slipping.