Thread: Tikka T3 S/S .260 rem with MAE IMSiii full over barrel moderator

Tikka T3 S/S .260 rem with MAE IMSiii full over barrel moderator

I'm looking to sell my 4 month old T3 lite in .260 rem with MAE IMSIII full over barrel moderator supplied and fitted by MAE Engineering New Zealand.

This rifle has fired 130 rounds from new, the barrel was cut to 18" to accommodate the IMSiii and was Gunkoted Matt black by MAE.
    It shoots great with 123 gr Hornady Amax of which a box(100 projectiles) will be supplied with sale.
    The MAE IMSiii is for, and I quote "those looking for maximum sound suppression and minimum recoil" it's 304 grade all stainless construction comes with a 3 year 5000 round guarantee from MAE.

Rifle has a worked trigger currently set at 18 ounces and has had the medium action bolt stop replaced by long action model and magazine which makes it possible to seat bullets out as far as possible and still feed perfectly.

The original 2 position safety has been removed and a beautifully engineered 3 position one has been fitted, supplied by Roedale precision in Germany making it possible to unload with rifle still on safe.(the original will be included in sale and can be refitted in 10 minutes or so).
    Rifle also comes with
    * aftermarket adjustable comb raiser
    *aftermarket rubber bolt handle
    * 3 shot long action mag & original 3 shot medium action mag
    (scope and bipod not included in sale)
    750 Fixed plus RFD at buyers expense<br><br><br><br>
    Test fire can be arranged pm me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by Kiwikeeper; 05-05-2016 at 10:51.

What you think of the over barrel mod ? Dose yours get a lot of residue on the barrel ?

Quote Originally Posted by .243 t3 View Post
    What you think of the over barrel mod ? Dose yours get a lot of residue on the barrel ?

I have the same moderator on my AI AT.. Yes your do but if you keep in clean it's no bother! The overall balance of the rifle is amazing & sound reduction even with full power loads Is the best I've heard!

Hi mate whats your fps with the 123 grain loads please!

Quote Originally Posted by Slickshot View Post
    Hi mate whats your fps with the 123 grain loads please!
    Not 100% sure as my chrono has just died but I guessed about 2800 and thats what I input into Strelok for my drop chart. When I took it to the range the other day and shot it at 340meters 400, and 470 it was spot on the whole way. So figure I guessed about right!

Price drop 750

Price drop to 750+

Would you consider selling the moderator seperately??

Absolutely not I'm afraid the barrel has had 2 O- ring grooves machined into it up near the receiver and the stock inletted specifically for the IMS mod so it's really a integral part of the rifle now.

I can't believe this hasn't gone yet, great calibre with a cracking moderator. If only it was in left hand, then it would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
    I can't believe this hasn't gone yet, great calibre with a cracking moderator. If only it was in left hand, then it would be perfect!
    Yeah this is an absolute bargain! Bump